Championship player threatens strike action

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s see if we can discuss this topic without someone trotting out the overused and very very tired cliche of ‘scab’

Get  a life in the real world you Forest bell end. There’s people all over the world  dying and you want to go on strike . Wow what a wee pipe

Everyone is turning into a melodramatic, attention hungry peddler of propaganda and journalists are leading the way. There is not even the tiniest hint of strike action in those comments. Worrall does seem obsessed with the idea that the most important thing in all of this is Forest's league position, which is rather misguided, but most of what he actually says is perfectly reasonable.

59 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Has anyone read the full article?
he doesn't mention going on strike at all.
I've got no idea how the BBC maganged to get that headline out of the content.

When have the facts ever got in the way of a good headline.

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How would he feel if one of his teammates contracted covid....or is promotion (not that forest will go up) more important?

the death rate for under 30 is 3 in 10000 it has little or no effect on that age range certainly not healthy adults ,I think fear without doubt will cause many to not want to go out again. the older you get the more you need to take care . the season should be scrapped as its a total impossibility to end by june 30th after that date everyones squad will be a lot different and most clubs will need them off there wage bill permanently by then. 

2 hours ago, The Horse said:

Has anyone read the full article?
he doesn't mention going on strike at all.
I've got no idea how the BBC maganged to get that headline out of the content.

The answer to your question seems to be a resounding no !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322321

Not a word about strike action,not one.............................wtf bbc.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

I hope they don't even consider a 2020/21 season starting if there are no fans allowed never mind finishing 2019/20.

This game is about fans and once the initial excitement of seeing some football again on TV but behind closed doors with no atmosphere wears off there'll be a backlash.

I'll give it about 2 games in empty stadiums before the appeal quickly disappears.

3 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Season should be wiped clean and abandoned.

Start again in August if things have calmed down a little. Contracts should end as usual and allow out of contract players to move on.

It’s pointless trying to kick start this season as it will have a knock on effect into next. Don’t see the problem just starting the season again with the 19/20 teams all in the same leagues.

Re-draw the European cups with the same teams as last year that were still in it from

September onwards.

Give the scousers a plaque to keep them happy.

Bigger things to worry about unfortunately at the minute.

Excellent post.  That's it in a nutshell. 888 people died yesterday. Football is unimportant. Football is nothing without fans. Until the all clear for games with fans is given there is no way all the interested parties can complete this season. That all clear will not happen before June 30th. I doubt it will happen before mid August so forget this season.

Players should keep quiet, they are not scientists or doctors, and, at the moment, most of us don't care for their inflated opinion of themselves. I hope the golden goose is on it's way to the abbatoir and an ordinary player like Worral can no longer take his pay home in a wheelbarrow.

10 minutes ago, erowl said:

I hope they don't even consider a 2020/21 season starting if there are no fans allowed never mind finishing 2019/20.

This game is about fans and once the initial excitement of seeing some football again on TV but behind closed doors with no atmosphere wears off there'll be a backlash.

I'll give it about 2 games in empty stadiums before the appeal quickly disappears.

Will be if you are watching it on player.😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s see if we can discuss this topic without someone trotting out the overused and very very tired cliche of ‘scab’

The rest of us will worry about keeping our families safe and grieve all the people dying from all this shitt ,

Crack on with your strike you fuckingg half wit.