BREAKING NEWS - EFL Hearing to take place in July

Guest freerole

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Totally wrong time to be doing this. Appreciate that the current situation shouldn’t be used as an excuse to get away with anything, but surely now is the time for all clubs and EFL to work together to ensure the league remains viable. 

Talking about how to save the league and clubs within it, but then pushing ahead with questionable disciplinary action seems quite counter productive at the moment. 

It needs sorting asap and then we can put.it to bed, could do without starting next season on minus points TBF.

3 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I've not read about Reading being investigated too, even so, Reading will surely face sanctions for posting losses of £40 million.!! 

apparently they sold the ground to one of the owners other companies for £26 million, it's under investigation

3 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I've not read about Reading being investigated too, even so, Reading will surely face sanctions for posting losses of £40 million.!! 

taken from the BBC website

The Royals also spent £1.5m in rent on their Madejski Stadium ground.

Reading sold the ground for £26.5m to a holding company controlled by owner Dai Yongge in the previous financial year.

They remain under investigation by the English Football League for the valuation placed on the stadium. Fellow Championship clubs Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday have also faced similar scrutiny.

The full figures for the year ending June 2019, published through Companies House, also showed the Royals spent £225 for every £100 of income on player wages as their wage bill increased by £5.4m from the previous financial year.

The latest accounts do not include the high-profile purchases of strikers George Puscas and Lucas Joao in August.

• Thanks 1

It really concerns me that it appears we’ve lost the arbitration, meaning the charges are lawful.

I always thought our best chance was via the arbitration as once it gets to the hearing, I think the EFL are dying to make an example of us. Adding to that the fact that the EFL probably see our counter charge as nothing more than a time delaying tactic and I can’t see anything other than a very hefty points deduction.

The hearing being in July should mean we are ok this season but next season could well be a write off before a ball is kicked.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Been around Wednesday for 58 years now and i know how this will pan out, the charges against us will be dropped, then this season restarts in August and we only have half a team of first team pro's. Resulting in SWFC getting relegated for fielding an under strength team.

Five Archers AKA Lisa Stansfield

• Haha 1

Nothing is certain but in contrast to most of the pessimists who peddle their prejudices as facts, the actual evidence suggests we are likely to win the case. Either way it will be appealed dragging this on for much longer.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nero said:

Nothing is certain but in contrast to most of the pessimists who peddle their prejudices as facts, the actual evidence suggests we are likely to win the case. Either way it will be appealed dragging this on for much longer.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH,You're gunna spoil their fun.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I disagree

It's time to get it done and out the way so we know how to get through it and plan.

Should be tomorrow ideally but looks like we have to wait a bit longer

Plan you say Neil ?......................................now there`s an idea     lol

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It really concerns me that it appears we’ve lost the arbitration, meaning the charges are lawful.

I always thought our best chance was via the arbitration as once it gets to the hearing, I think the EFL are dying to make an example of us. Adding to that the fact that the EFL probably see our counter charge as nothing more than a time delaying tactic and I can’t see anything other than a very hefty points deduction.

The hearing being in July should mean we are ok this season but next season could well be a write off before a ball is kicked.

Why do you think the EFL "Are dying to make a example of us"?

What reason would they have?

Why can you only see a hefty points deduction , are you privy to all the facts ?

I know I’ve said it before but I believe the EFL’s (as we know it) days are numbered? Parry was brought in to take the EFL into a new era? I think he’ll succeed but not in the way he or the organisation expected him to?

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

It needs sorting asap and then we can put.it to bed, could do without starting next season on minus points TBF.

Agree it's dragged on to long but if we get a points deduction this season & the season is somehow completed we could easily be relegated. I'd rather start on minus points next session but still be in the Championship.

Suspect arbitration was more about the charges against individuals and we won that. 

I still  think that if the EFL had a strong case it would be concluded by now. If the hearing truly is independent, we have a good chance. 

If, and I'm not convinced it will, it goes against us sure DC will appeal and tie the EFL up for as long as it takes.

Right now the EFL have enough to balls up and the pressure firmly on them with what's happening and the impending financial clusterfuck for almost all football league teams, not to mention other active legal action with Birmingham, Derby, possibly Villa and in due course Reading.