@owlstalk

Chris Waddle fires back again at Chansiri

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 15.25.31.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle has hit back at the Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri.

In a radio interview last month, Waddle described the club's predicament as a "mess" and said Chansiri had "a lot to answer for" and that he "couldn’t take criticism".

This didn't go down well with Chansiri who tackled Waddle in a recent interview with Dom Howson 

“My answer to this if anyone has something to say, which is fine, then please be constructive and with respect.

"Chris Waddle does not know how the inside of our club works, he knows very little about the Sheffield Wednesday of today other than our position in the table.

"Would he be saying the same thing if we were still in third place? What experience does he have of running a football club?

However Chris Waddle has again fired at Chansiri in a newspaper interview

"The club is a mess right now," he told The Times.

"I went to watch us at one match last year and left after 55 minutes.

"I don’t see the owner [Dejphon Chansiri] taking this club back into the promised land. Let’s hope he sells up." 

God bless Chris Waddle.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A bit of a pathetic attitude from Waddle TBF. As DC says (and I'm no fan) he has no idea how to run a football club. Waddles reply of hoping he sells up is a bit puerile and not much of an intelligent retort.

Edited by Bulldog

2 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

A bit of a pathetic attitude from Waddle TBF. As DC says (and I'm no fan) he has no idea how to run a football club. Waddles reply of hoping he sells up is a bit puerile and not much of an intelligent retort.

I thought he was bang on the money, the sooner Clueless and Stuffing boy depart the better for all concerned.

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

I thought he was bang on the money, the sooner Clueless and Stuffing boy depart the better for all concerned.

Whilst I kind of concur, it's just not that simple is it?

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

Whilst I kind of concur, it's just not that simple is it?

The only stumbling block is Chansiri's stubbornness, he isn't wanted here and the sooner he delivers on his promise to leave the club when he was no longer wanted the better.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

You're right, he doesn't...

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

The only stumbling block is Chansiri's stubbornness, he isn't wanted here and the sooner he delivers on his promise to leave the club when he was no longer wanted the better.

id say getting someone to buy us is the biggest stumbling block lol

waddle probably gets paid for doing interviews so they'll want him  to say summat  that's a bit critical …..

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Love the fact Chris left after 55 minutes. Reyt fan, wonder if he paid to get in?

I was waxing lyrical about Waddle a few days ago & he fuc**n has to open his big geordie gob.

Wonder if Waddle remembers the state we ended up in just after he packed up. Don’t remember him kicking off about how the club was being run then, he just fuc**ed off & became a well paid pundit.

Why the fu*k ex players (legends if you will) feel the need to comment on anything to do with their ex clubs I do not know.

Hirsty, Palmer (Carlton) & now Waddle amongst others. Just let us remember them from what they did on the pitch. There’s more than enough wa*k pundits to peddle their sh*t.

Maybe have a pop at his first love the fuc**n barcodes, plenty of ammo to shoot with there, or maybe a bit too high profile for him.

Why so defensive?  Maybe he cares about the club and feels it’s important to speak out - I’m sure he has a bit more insight of what goes on behind the scenes than the average fan.  I’ve left a game after an hour or so before (Everton in 1996 I think) and whilst I’m not particularly proud of the fact, I don’t think that makes me any less of a fan.

As far as having “a pop at his first love” goes, his boyhood team was Sunderland as far as I’m aware.

I like the way chansiri says, 'waddle knows nothing about running a club', pot kettle black springs to mind lol

20 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Why so defensive?  Maybe he cares about the club and feels it’s important to speak out - I’m sure he has a bit more insight of what goes on behind the scenes than the average fan.  I’ve left a game after an hour or so before (Everton in 1996 I think) and whilst I’m not particularly proud of the fact, I don’t think that makes me any less of a fan.

As far as having “a pop at his first love” goes, his boyhood team was Sunderland as far as I’m aware.

Yep, Sunderland 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

id say getting someone to buy us is the biggest stumbling block lol

Not according to the man himself, he is litliterally fighting bids off.

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Not according to the man himself, he is litliterally fighting bids off.

course he is lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

What Clueless telling fibs, surely not.

exagerating lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FootballTyper said:

I saw in this article the chairman suggest Chris isn't being professional. I find this very interesting because I can recall multiple times when the chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has behaved unprofessionally towards me. I cannot speak for others but can speak from my own personal experiences.

I can believe that. 

Seems like he has to have the last word on any conversation. Getting into a war of words with a respected ex England player, shrewd pundit and local hero is yet another sign of his naivety.

There’s a reason that Waddle is now a regular on 5 live, he talks sense about football.

2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Do you hope that DC stays ?

I don’t.

If its any of the games I'm thinking of he did very well to last 55mins.

All a bit childish....I know you are you said you are

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Love the fact Chris left after 55 minutes. Reyt fan, wonder if he paid to get in?

I was waxing lyrical about Waddle a few days ago & he fuc**n has to open his big geordie gob.

Wonder if Waddle remembers the state we ended up in just after he packed up. Don’t remember him kicking off about how the club was being run then, he just fuc**ed off & became a well paid pundit.

Why the fu*k ex players (legends if you will) feel the need to comment on anything to do with their ex clubs I do not know.

Hirsty, Palmer (Carlton) & now Waddle amongst others. Just let us remember them from what they did on the pitch. There’s more than enough wa*k pundits to peddle their sh*t.

Maybe have a pop at his first love the fuc**n barcodes, plenty of ammo to shoot with there, or maybe a bit too high profile for him.

It’ must be coincidence that Waddle left after Pleat tried to turn a world class winger into a central midfielder.

He went on to do well at Bradford, so hardly packed up. 
The rest of your comments are totally irrelevant.