Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Brilliant time you could probably add Vito Antuefermo, Wilfred Benitez and John Mugabi to your list also

Also British Middleweights Alan Minter and Tony Sibson as well.:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ash76
11 hours ago, big_orme said:

I watched the English Game on Netflix and thought it was brilliant, worth a watch!

 

Agreed, did you clock the mistake though?

 

Also watched Tiger King and now on Money Heist

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled across ‘Paul Gascogne - The Rangers Years’ on YouTube. It was made a few years after his spell there and includes footage of some great goals and anecdotes about his predictably crazy antics (a prank on team mate Gordon Durie and a story about a half time brandy during a Cup Final spring to mind).

 

It definitely comes across that the troubled genius found a brief period of happiness at a time when his footballing prowess was at it’s height.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Also British Middleweights Alan Minter and Tony Sibson as well.:tango:

Another good shout bud 

Listened to Tris Dixon Boxing Life Stories podcast, where he interviews Micky Ward so then watched The Fighter and the Ward v Gatti trilogy well worth an evening with a few beers for company

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Another good shout bud 

Listened to Tris Dixon Boxing Life Stories podcast, where he interviews Micky Ward so then watched The Fighter and the Ward v Gatti trilogy well worth an evening with a few beers for company

Was going to mention Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank as well  but that's the late 80's early 90's.:tango:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two good films on Netflix,

Spotlight. It tells the true story about The Boston Globe blowing the lid off abuse within the Catholic Church.

The Two Popes. Brilliant film. ( I’m not obsessed with Catholicism, it’s just a coincidence !

Also on Netflix, Bloodline. 3 series, about ten episodes in each.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

 

Agreed, did you clock the mistake though?

 

Also watched Tiger King and now on Money Heist


no what mistake?? 
 

couldn’t get on with Tiger King. Currently binging Save Me as never seen it. Just started season 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ash76
56 minutes ago, big_orme said:


no what mistake?? 
 

couldn’t get on with Tiger King. Currently binging Save Me as never seen it. Just started season 2.

 

The winners were Blackburn Olympic and not Blackburn Rovers  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

BT Sport's are showing our FA Cup tie from 1979 v Arsenal in morning 7am. 

Been on loads of times before that , would be brilliant if the replays at filbert street had been filmed though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Watto said:

Been on loads of times before that , would be brilliant if the replays at filbert street had been filmed though.

 

If I remember right some of replays were shown by BBC on Sportsnight show back then,  I'm surprised they've never been shown since. 

I recall watching highlights of  the 3-3 draw. 

Edited by bradowl
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not watching anything sports related. I've watched both series of Phoenix Nights again over the last week, and I am on Series 2 of Better Call Saul (Netflix), as I've watched Breaking Bad twice (before the pandemic, not during). And also Series 5 of Money Heist (Netflix) which is brilliant.

 

However, if I was to watch anything sports related, it would be Friday Night Lights, for the 3rd time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ash76 said:

 

The winners were Blackburn Olympic and not Blackburn Rovers  


I missed that one, thought they were just referring to them as Blackburn. Great program though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 23:59, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Brilliant time you could probably add Vito Antuefermo, Wilfred Benitez and John Mugabi to your list also

And Sheffield’s own bomber Graham was number one contender for much of this era but never got a shot as he was seen as too much of a risk due to his awkward style 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shout Bomber was definitely world class but I would have said his peak was a little later 80’s he could and should have beaten McCallam and Jackson before Benn, Eubank and Watson came to the fore and all avoided him. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Good shout Bomber was definitely world class but I would have said his peak was a little later 80’s he could and should have beaten McCallam and Jackson before Benn, Eubank and Watson came to the fore and all avoided him. 
 

The Jackson fight was the most one sided exhibition of boxing I’ve ever seen how on earth did he lose 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...