BREAKING NEWS - Club announcement from EFL

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Excellent post.

Let's say 50 people at each game because they will need physios as we as you 'minimum.' that's 1200 tests for every game nearly 11000 tests just for the Championship. to finish the season. Call it 40,000 to finish the Premiership and FL games. Seems a waste of scarce testing capacity.

And you’d need to do that every 7 days, due to incubation period.
The outcry From Joe public if there’s no community testing but football clubs have full access would be unreal.

plus you would still need emergency services at each game and the potential for hospital beds being taken up.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

51671708-AC8A-401E-90E2-3D0F65300B20.png

EFL chairman Rick Shaw addresses football fans around the country:

Dear supporter

We will play in June, hopefully it will be a grey area...when B&Q open so will we..

Games will be behind closed doors, players have been instructed to not go in showers.

If a player is injured he will be removed from the field of play by means of a fork lift truck.

After a goal is scored, kissing the goal scorer is strictly illegal..( unless it's Big Dave)

After the game is over players must go directly home in their own car, they must not call at their parents / grand parents etc.

Players using massage parlours should wear masks ( just in case the press are about.)

Thanks and stay safe!

Rick Shaw

4 minutes ago, shez owl said:

And you’d need to do that every 7 days, due to incubation period.
The outcry From Joe public if there’s no community testing but football clubs have full access would be unreal.

plus you would still need emergency services at each game and the potential for hospital beds being taken up.

We'll be testing 100,000 a day by the end of the month. Doc Hancock assured me. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

:duntmatter:

Genuinely not. If they play they play. If they don't they don't. I can just picture those veins throbbing in the foreheads of some of these very angry people. I wouldn't want to see a fellow Owl have a coronary.  My posts are public spirited. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I’m not reading all that, Rick, sorry.

That's OK, Sonny.

There's absolutely Bugger All in it that we haven't heard dozens of times over the last few weeks.:wacko:

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Less of the old please.

I'm not missing anything. They'll finish it if they can. They won't if they can't. Contractual issues, social distancing, medical issues, public order issues are all part of the decision making process. Most leagues in Europe are still in abeyance - we aren't unique. It will play out as it plays out. It's the sanctimonious pontificating that gets up my nose - especially from fans of our club, a club that has stuck it up less well off supporters recently with precious little dissent. To many Wednesday supporters other fans didn't matter then. 

Football clubs are just like any other business at the moment - many clubs will be fighting simply to survive. I think that's the most important factor to take into account when making decisions and without access to the reality of what's happening financially it's impossible for us to say what's best. However, if it is best financially for them to finish the season  - and it seems that is the case bearing in mind their determination to finish it - and, crucially, that can be done safely then I think that's what they should try to do. They simply aren't going to breach Government guidelines to play.

Sporting integrity was compromised to some extent the minute games were cancelled. There's no way, for example, Leeds will run out of steam now. But again it's best the season is finished. A short burst of games might be the only thing possible until restrictions are reintroduced. Until it's believed to be impossible I have no problem with them trying to achieve it. If they're sensible they'll also be making plans for the season not being completed.  

I just happen to think it's not a black or white thing - that if you want the season to continue you're an evil, money grabber, disrespecting the dead and the NHS etc. It's far more nuanced than that.  Yes football has been terribly run to the advantage of the big boys - although some on here with plans for a PL2 are happy to jettison the smaller clubs into even more oblivion - but this may be an existential crisis for many, many clubs and they have to pilot the best way through it they can. Just have a bit of patience. We don't need to know the season is over or it isn't. It doesn't affect us at all - although a ST partial refund would be quite handy. If football decided to void the league today my life would literally be no different. There's no rush. Take a chill pill. 

I think he meant Rick Parry. Unless you are indeed the same person? 

4 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

It will be so interesting to see how the money men in football justify running games behind closed doors.  My guess would be at an average EFL game it will need between 70-100 people to make it happen.  It's an absolute minimum of 41 if you strip it back to just 2 squads, 3 officials and 2 managers.  So how are they going to safeguard those people in regards to social distancing?

Even when we do open up the lockdown there will still be strict social distancing measures in place.  

IMO you'd have to test every single person who's involved in the behind closed doors games, and their families.  And not until you have 100% negative results can you allow it to happen.  Can you imagine if one squad suddenly gets COVID?  How will the authorities then react when they have to isolate for 2 weeks?  Void their games?  Postpone?  It's an absolute mine field.

And then if the government do allow football to happen like this, you'll have Rugby, Horse Racing, Cricket and every other sport wanting to do exactly the same.  It's just unworkable.

have been saying this weeks on various threads, you also need paramedics as well, and the only point of behind closed doors games would be if they were on TV, so they need to be added (and the crowds outside the ground)

and if you allow 100 people to congregate at a football match then all restaurants and pubs will be open as well

never going to happen, until lock down is over, then crowds can be let in anyway

All he is saying is he doesn't know what will happen or when anything will happen

he hasn't got a clue if games will be allowed behind closed doors

47 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

EFL chairman Rick Shaw addresses football fans around the country:

Dear supporter

We will play in June, hopefully it will be a grey area...when B&Q open so will we..

Games will be behind closed doors, players have been instructed to not go in showers.

If a player is injured he will be removed from the field of play by means of a fork lift truck.

After a goal is scored, kissing the goal scorer is strictly illegal..( unless it's Big Dave)

After the game is over players must go directly home in their own car, they must not call at their parents / grand parents etc.

Players using massage parlours should wear masks ( just in case the press are about.)

Thanks and stay safe!

Rick Shaw

do not pass go and do not collect £200

6 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Nobody in football is brave enough to do the inevitable ie null and void the season. 

From a legal point of view I imagine they will have to show they exhausted all other possibilities - Leeds and WBA in particular will be watching very closely.

"Nobody in football is brave enough in football to call the season null and void".

Just like this government, nobody brave enough to admit lockdown was too slow coming, that holding Cheltenham Festival was a mistake and that PPE was not getting to lots of workers on front line, like carers.  Oh I forgot, not testing and checking Brits coming back from abroad.

Have a look at statistics for Germany! 

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri was openly trying to persuade away fans not to to turn up by over charging them. He admitted it. 

My post was nothing to with our chairman, so please don’t take parts of my post and twist to suit your anti chairman agenda.