Best World XI....

SiJ

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

Most definitely need a nutter in goal.  Oliver Khan is an easy choice.  

At the back, first choice would have to be Roberto Carlos.  The most complete left back in the world, ever.  I really wanted Ronaldo up top, a tough choice between the two, but Bobby Charles edges it for me.  

Centre back choices would be Franco Baresi.  You won't find a better centre back.  Alongside him  Virgil Van Dijk.  

In midfield, you need a top midfield engine.  Pavel Nedved makes everything tick. Outrageous goals.

Up next Gheorge Hagi.  Goals goals goals.  Absolute genius.  Ahead of his time.  

Next up,  Roy Keane.  Another nutter needed in the centre of midfield.  

4th choice midfielder, it will be a wildcard for me on this one.  Random choice, a player who never really hit the heights that he should have but was so talented, unbelievably talented.  Georgi Kinkladze.  

Up top, first pick easily goes to Didier Drogba.  Absolutely loved watching him play, power strength and pace.  Great with his left foot, right foot and good with his head.  

Next pick, Lionel Messi.  Can't really have a team without Messi.  

Final pick, another wildcard player. But a player I think will become a top top player in time.  Erling Braut Haland.

So my team would be.

Khan

Baresi  Van Dijk  R Carlos

Hagi      Nedved   Keane   Kinkladze

Messi    Drogba  Haland

Hagi and Messi at barca

Hagi and Carlos at Real

Edited by fudge27
  • Thanks 1

Lol 

No players who have played for the same club(s)

No players of the same nationality 

Must have played during your lifetime 

Hint: you need a few one club men and if you include say either Ronaldo then you'll probably not be able to do it.

On 16/04/2020 at 16:18, sheriwozgod said:

F*** me this is harder than it looks

Gordon Banks 

Roland Nilsson

Alessandro Nesta

Virgil Van Dijk

Phillip Lahm

Kevin De Bruyne

Michel Platini

Eusabio

George Best

Lionel Messi

Pele

Dont think i,ve ballsed up ??

This was my XI...………..it was made easier because I am of a certain vintage......…...ie pushing 60 , and quite a few of these like Pele, Best, Banks, Eusabio were around before the time that Barca / Real Madrid signed up virtually every world class player between them.

Classic 4-4-2. I'm going from about 95/96 onwards.

Taffarel (suspect plenty would say Big Nev was better but I genuinely just don't remember ever watching Southall play)

Lahm

Vidic

Van Dijk

Maldini

Nedved

Zidane

De Bruyne

Valderrama

Messi

Shearer

Absolutely zero defensive mentality in that midfield, but the back 4 is tidy enough to handle it.

No doubt i've missed something somewhere but I think it fits the rules.

14 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

Classic 4-4-2. I'm going from about 95/96 onwards.

Taffarel (suspect plenty would say Big Nev was better but I genuinely just don't remember ever watching Southall play)

Lahm

Vidic

Van Dijk

Maldini

Nedved

Zidane

De Bruyne

Valderrama

Messi

Shearer

Absolutely zero defensive mentality in that midfield, but the back 4 is tidy enough to handle it.

No doubt i've missed something somewhere but I think it fits the rules.

Nedved & Zidane both played for Juventus

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Cheers.  I tried to do the team without cheating.  Looks like Hagi has messed up the team selection.  

Still a lovely team though.  lol

David Silva for kinkladze and Gazza in for Hagi works I think? 

Except Nedved and Gazza played at Lazio. FFS

Edited by fudge27

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

This was my XI...………..it was made easier because I am of a certain vintage......…...ie pushing 60 , and quite a few of these like Pele, Best, Banks, Eusabio were around before the time that Barca / Real Madrid signed up virtually every world class player between them.

Banks and Best both played for the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, but you could have Yashin for Banks for example.

38 minutes ago, torryowl said:

yashin...

That would be a heck of a team. But Breitner and Puskas both played for Real Madrid, and once again George Best's time in the NASL has screwed things up as both he and Jimmy Johnstone played for the San Jose Earthquakes.