Fletcher and Fox still to sign new contracts

Don’t forget, we already had one clear out last year, with 10 players leaving. With an experienced Championship boss in Bruce, or his team, in charge of recruitment, do we think the players brought in have improved the team? A similar clear out, and recruitment this summer, would surely see us relegated next year, whether or not we get a points deduction Clear outs are OK, if you can bring in better

On 16/04/2020 at 09:57, hasthagotanycheese said:

My guess is that by the time Championship football resumes in this country there will be either squad or individual wage caps in place designed to make the whole model much more sustainable. 6 - 10 K a week top whack for 2nd tier footballers is more than reasonable. If they want more than that they are more than welcome to go and play in China or in the Middle East.

I think wage caps like that are illegal.  It may be possible to limit how much clubs spend on wages in total but not wage caps on individual contracts.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I think wage caps like that are illegal.  It may be possible to limit how much clubs spend on wages in total but not wage caps on individual contracts.

Maybe capping could be illegal, however I think whats happening at the moment may lead to a few rules getting re-written to ensure that football is financially sustainable going forward.

23 hours ago, prowl said:

I think in some sports there is a salary cap for clubs. It could be a sensible move to force this on football clubs but the real problem is the EPL with it's obscene wage structure and parachute payments. A 20 million figure was suggested to be placed on Championship Clubs re wages, that was before the present crisis, now it could be less.