Players contracts ending in June

21 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

A couple of months ago I was desperate for us to retain Fletcher and Fox, and in a way I suppose I do still hope they sign. But with what is going on now there will be some very good players available that will probably accept alot less of a wage.

I read somewhere yesterday that there will be 1,400 players out of contract at the end of June, also read that there is a growing appetite among the EFL chairmen for a salary cap, the figures quoted were £1.9 million in league 2, £3.3 million in league 1 and £20 million in the Championship to be fased in over 2 or 3 seasons.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2020 at 17:23, room0035 said:

The worrying thing is we are going somewhere unfortunately it is the wrong way since the play off final we have been slowing getting further and further behind the rest in the league we are now slipping down the league and depending what happens with the misconduct charges could be relegated.

In this time the team has got worse and worse quality, and old and older - Players bought 5 years ago the quality of Fessi are being replaced with free agents the quality of Harris, international in Pudil are being replaced with player such as Fox is he really a top championship team quality?, Internationally and top end championship keeper has been replaced with a kid who concedes 1.6 goals a game  (50 games 80 goals), We have gone from having the tightest defence in our history to concede goals from everywhere and a strike force that has managed just 22 goals all season from 105 appearances.

The only constant in this whole time has been the man at the top, it is pretty clear to see from anyone in the football community what the problem is both on and off the pitch the complete lack of leadership at every level of the club.

I have called for qualify people to be brought who know how to run a club, but as other says it is his money and he can do what he wants. But after he has completely destroyed my once great club, I will still be here long after he has left for his new play thing - we can only all hope that end up being SUFC lol 

Great post

On 16/04/2020 at 17:42, lt109 said:

I read somewhere yesterday that there will be 1,400 players out of contract at the end of June, also read that there is a growing appetite among the EFL chairmen for a salary cap, the figures quoted were £1.9 million in league 2, £3.3 million in league 1 and £20 million in the Championship to be fased in over 2 or 3 seasons.

£20m? Wow. What's wrong with £5m? More than enough for 2nd level football, and probably more than a vast % of top flight teams around Europe. 

18 hours ago, steelerian said:

£20m? Wow. What's wrong with £5m? More than enough for 2nd level football, and probably more than a vast % of top flight teams around Europe. 

I thought the same, hell of a jump from £3.3 in league 1.

Just thinking about it, I suppose there are some really big clubs in the Championship that can generate a healthy income from their large fan bases.

Edited by lt109

Who do we think would benefit from a salary cap btw?

Owners, fans, players, agents, clubs?

None of the above? 

Would we end up with 20 players on 20k a week rather than 10 on 30k and 10 on 10k?

Salary caps are fine as long as all bonuses, promotion incentives are included but it won't take longer before teams from the EPL relegated are either exempt or abusing the system.

Scrap parachute payments. £100m for finishing last is more than enough parachute payment.

Edited by room0035

It was maybe a yr ago that people were saying we had too many forwards. 
think it was 7.... now we could be left with just Rhodes

WTF: 

Morgan Fox, Atdhe Nuhiu, Fernando Forestieri, Steven Fletcher are the ones id offer a contract to, but FF and SF would need a pay cut or pay as you play type deal. 

56 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

It was maybe a yr ago that people were saying we had too many forwards. 
think it was 7.... now we could be left with just Rhodes

WTF: 

Morgan Fox, Atdhe Nuhiu, Fernando Forestieri, Steven Fletcher are the ones id offer a contract to, but FF and SF would need a pay cut or pay as you play type deal. 

Nuhiu? Really? Why? What has he acheived to warrant a new offer?
The other 3 I can see a case for, although Fletch and FF are rumoured to be high earners, so they would need vastly reduced terms, especially FF, IMO.

Fox I think really does deserve a new contract. He had a decent season.

Edited by steelerian

16 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Nuhiu? Really? Why? What has he acheived to warrant a new offer?
The other 3 I can see a case for

I just see him as a player that offers something different. Impact from the bench. He plays for the badge & the shirt. 
I can’t say that for many 1st teamers lately. 

• Thanks 1

With how we do our business I wouldnt be surprised if nuhiu and lyle Taylor at charlton are on the same sort of money and both out of contract soon. I'm not saying lyle Taylor is the player to go for necessarily, but there will be a lot of lyle taylors available soon. Cant keep dragging along nuhiu because he loves the club and sometimes comes off the bench and wins some headers, because ultimately his goal record is absolutely woeful. Winnall and nuhiu out, someone like Taylor in is a prudent way to try and manoeuvre our very limited finances