Garry Monk Sheffield Wednesday Manager

All those saying hes keeps getting sacked do you means like Mourinho and Anceotti those shocking managers who we wouldn't touch with a barge pole lol.

Swansea 

Good job

Leeds 

Ok Job

Boro

Ok Job

Birmingham 

Good Job

Us

???

Have any of you looked at the situations before and after Monk at any of those clubs?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk SWFC.jpg

Now you've had time to calm down and reflect what are your thoughts on Garry Monk?

Is he the right man for the job?

Do you believe in his vision of replacing the stale squad with hungrier, younger players and getting problem disruptive players out of the club?

Are you happy to back him over the coming seasons?

If that is indeed his vision, then he is correct in adopting it. I would say yes, continue with him as manager, but he's on thin ice and any poor run of results would see him go.  

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

With the squad he inherited, Barry Chuckle could and should have got similar results

Anyway...

Garry Monk....

The same team big Ron got relegated and didn't win the second division with ya mean 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So by people's logic in this thread that would make Trevor Francis a much better manager than Big Ron

See how it works?

Can't admit when your wrong can you 

Keep believing frances was garbage and pressman was overrated 

10 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Can't admit when your wrong can you 

Keep believing frances was garbage and pressman was overrated 

Francis got sacked after dismantling a successful squad, mismanaging players, getting repeatedly battered on the pitch, and setting the scene for Sheffield Wednesday's fall from grace.

Pressman - all a striker had to do in his later years was pass the ball low either side of him = guaranteed goal every time and they knew it.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

All those saying hes keeps getting sacked do you means like Mourinho and Anceotti those shocking managers who we wouldn't touch with a barge pole lol.

Swansea 

Good job

Leeds 

Ok Job

Boro

Ok Job

Birmingham 

Good Job

Us

???

Have any of you looked at the situations before and after Monk at any of those clubs?

Swansea - one good debut season then shocking from the off year 2

Leeds - did well for about 30 games then completely capitulated and didn’t make the play offs when all they needed was an average end to the season to get there 

Boro - sacked in year 1 before Xmas

Birmingham - did well and steadied the ship then fell apart around March time 

Wednesday - did ok getting results with very average performances before Xmas then completely fell apart from Boxing Day onwards with relegation form

Its beyond me how people can say he’d done a good job elsewhere when he’s only once finished a season in a consistent way (Swansea year 1). Everywhere else he’s fallen apart mid season and he’s done it here too. There’s no evidence he’s capable of performing for 46 games which is what we’d need to go up 

Situation's fecking ridiculous.

Monk looks totally isolated and cuts a solitary figure. It's obvious he needs his own coaching team as back up with this shower.

I can't imagine Bullen cutting up rough with any of his old pals on the playing side.

Who's to say if Bruce, or anyone else, would have done any better in Monk's situation?

7 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

100% not the right man.  Said so when he was appointed.  I was gutted.

2 wins in 14 isn’t it - how many other EFL managers would survive a run like that?

And for those that use the ‘it’s not Monk’s squad, let him build his own team’ line, well none of the signings that Monk made in January have been any good.  Why any fan would want this guy in charge of overhauling the squad is beyond me.

2 wins in 14. Very poor, no doubt.

What were the stats in the 14 games prior to that ?

The good thing about stats is that you can manipulate them to suit any argument.

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Swansea - one good debut season then shocking from the off year 2

Leeds - did well for about 30 games then completely capitulated and didn’t make the play offs when all they needed was an average end to the season to get there 

Boro - sacked in year 1 before Xmas

Birmingham - did well and steadied the ship then fell apart around March time 

Wednesday - did ok getting results with very average performances before Xmas then completely fell apart from Boxing Day onwards with relegation form

Its beyond me how people can say he’d done a good job elsewhere when he’s only once finished a season in a consistent way (Swansea year 1). Everywhere else he’s fallen apart mid season and he’s done it here too. There’s no evidence he’s capable of performing for 46 games which is what we’d need to go up 

So what was his stats?

Swansea

Didn't go down under him

Leeds 

Over achieved at start then they fell back to probably were they should have been.

Boro

There were in a far better shape under Monk thank they are now.

Brum 

Comfortable mid table I seem to remember which for there budget and players they had is good.

Rowett when he was there massively over achieved and still got sack.

Us

Look to pre season posts after Bruce had left to see what peoples thoughts where on our season and then see if you can be as critical.

Personally I think he's slightly underachieving now but nobody gave us any hope if going up before he took over so why should we be up there?

• Haha 1

I have to say I find this continual talk of Monk out extremely disloyal.  Fans need to remember he had no pre season has no coaching  staff of his own and only I e window. As I have said earlier Bruce reckoned it would take at least 3 to turn round and I seem to recall Monk saying something similar. In fact the general view on here was that he should be given time.

I know things have not been good since Christmas but anyone who has been involved in management of any kind knows you need confidantes.  As much a part of the scene Bullen is I reckon he is too close to the players to be considered for this role.

Garry Monk needs a clean start, some players out, his own coaching team and then he can be judged.

One final point. If Garry Monk was to go who would replace him. It certainly wouldn’t be a big name or anyone who has won anything as some seem to think we would attract.