Garry Monk Sheffield Wednesday Manager

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from the dismantling of a successful squad, a run of results that got him the boot, the shocking man-management skills etc etc?

2 Cup finals, Europe and a 3rd place finish 

Not bad for a man management problem coach 

I don't care whether he goes or stays on a personal level. I don't know him, he's not been here long. I've neither a great love of him or any great hate or dislike. If he goes I won't lose any sleep over it, if he stays I'll support him.

Having made that clear if we get rid of Monk  I can see a lot of existing players getting new contracts. Keep him and we will get rid of them. I believe a lot have been here too long so I'd stick with Monk.

I'm not sure we could get anyone better at present.

I'd like to see us with a younger fresher squad, not on big wages and not big names, just up and coming players keen to impress and make a name for themselves. Monk seems to want the same. 

I think he has to be left to get on with the job of rebuilding the squad. We just cannot keep replacing the manager every few months, that would put us in an even worse position.

Let’s face it this squad needs a complete overhaul. Their results have gone downhill in similar fashion for Carlos, Jos and Monk. Given time they would probably have gone the same way for Bruce too because they’ve just not been up to pace required for more than a few games. 

Yes it will be tough. Yes he will probably have to deal in loans and free transfers but we’ve seen what can be done there with Harris, Borner Murphy etc and bargains like Iorfa.

Monk has been lucky that the epidemic has halted all football.

We were sinking like a stone under him with dreadful performances and relegation results week in week out.

The apologists always say that the "problem" players are the issue.

Well, we never heard anything about "problem" players" under Steve Bruce.

Monk was fired by Swansea, fired by M'boro and fired by Brum.

Hopefully when the next campaign's season ticket sales figures emerge at some stage Monk will be fired by us.

Realising Dawson isn’t good enough would be a start. How anyone can rate a goalkeeper who has had three, four or five goals shipped past him regularly is beyond me?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dawson was ONLY getting games because of Westwood's situation

Still not right picking a keeper who’s going to have you down the bottom of the league. Picking Dawson regularly went a long way to getting Jos the sack and the same will happen to Monk if he persists with him.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Still not right picking a keeper who’s going to have you down the bottom of the league. Picking Dawson regularly went a long way to getting Jos the sack and the same will happen to Monk if he persists with him.

But Dawson was ONLY getting games because of the Westwood situation

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

personally hope when the season does resume Wildsmith starts in goal for us. He should have started against Brentford after the impressive performance against Man City. This great has come at a good time for Dawson because imo he would have been dropped for the Forest match. 

We could have had monk/rowett/any unemployed manager less than a week after the Lincoln pre season. That is the time monk should have had to put his plan in place. Instead we dawdled through arguably our easiest start of a season for many years and still in april havent got any of his own staff in for one reason or another. Theres far deeper rooted issues at our club than whoever's parked in the manager spot at the training ground.

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Gray, Carvalhal and Bruce managed the Westwood situation well so that suggests the problem was/is with Lukuhay/Monk?

I remain ambivalent about Monk. On the basis I couldn't identify a credible, available replacement, wasnt in a rush to get rid, but acknowledged that momentum was building for his exit due to performances and results. 

The enforced break came at a good time for him and has saved his job.  

He has a lot to prove next season, when he will have had chance to move players on and bulld the team he wants. 

He's shown glimpses of promise earlier in the season, but the last couple of months leave a bad taste and has to hit the ground running when we eventually resume. 

No thanks, the last game we played:

Brentford 5:0 us. He started with da Cruz and Pelupessy and left Forestieri on the bench.

And people on here are saying the players will get him sacked, well he's doing a good job of that without any help!

I watched Wednesday vs Cardiff from 2016 on youtube. We dominated the game, always had the ball and when we lost it we just

hustled and harried and got it back and attacked again. The exact reverse of our recent games where we never seem to have the ball.

Watching it my gut reaction was that Garry Monk has to go.