Adam Reach assessment of his own performances this season

Adam Reach Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

"My own season’s been similar to the team’s, a little bit topsy-turvy," conceded Reach. "I’ve had some good moments and some not-so-good moments.

"Consistency has been a positive of my time at this club but this season let it down a bit.

"I think I’ve improved in areas and, if I can start each season a slightly better player or person, that’s good."

"Even during this negative run, we have had some really good results.

"Unfortunately the consistency’s not there. I think that’s what leaves the majority of fans frustrated.

"You can do all the right things but if you’re not consistent it’s a problem.

"That’s what’s let us down, not just this season but in seasons past. All we can do is make sure we come back in the best possible condition for the final nine games.

"We find ourselves in mid-table but, if we get the chance to finish the season, who knows what can happen?"

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, glynnb said:

What can happen Adam is that we can get relegated unless you and your over- paid mates show some ability and bottle. UTO

Its definitely bottle that's missing.  Needs to stop worrying about getting injured and start getting stuck in.  The ability is there, the fitness too, the word for him is nesh (if that's still a word.)

55 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Its definitely bottle that's missing.  Needs to stop worrying about getting injured and start getting stuck in.  The ability is there, the fitness too, the word for him is nesh (if that's still a word.)

It is. And sums him ( and a few others) up

Guest LondonOwl313

Lol.. if we get the chance to finish the season, who knows what can happen? Maybe we’ll even be relegated 😂

8 minutes ago, trev said:

Just me that actually thinks Reach is a good player having a poor season then?

Oh well lol.

I'm on your side Adam. Hope you come back a bit more like your old self. 

Uto 

Think with players like Reach people are very naive in thinking he won’t know how poor his form has been.

He’s clearly well aware he’s not been good enough this season. Agreed he’s not the strongest tackler, but he covers tons of ground and regularly puts in vital blocks. On top of that he’s also been one of our most creative players since he first came in. 

And, as above, he’s being played out of position on the right.

Edited by NeonLeon

Talented player who could do more.

if I were him in lockdown I would be bang at it with some real hard physical work to come back faster and stronger next season ( much like fox did last summer). Has an easy ride really with little competition for a place in the team. Needs to do more.

3 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

This is what annoys me, they all say that we’ve been inconsistent. We haven’t. We’ve been consistently embarrassing for 2-3 YEARS, with the odd decent performance.

Been very good on the left odd time played there, good intelligent running behind right backs leading to some good assists (e.g leeds, charlton)

Average in other areas hes been forced to play in like mainly on right running inside which doesnt suit him, so clearly managers fault we've not got best out of him imo.

1 hour ago, Ash77 said:

Been very good on the left odd time played there, good intelligent running behind right backs leading to some good assists (e.g leeds, charlton)

Average in other areas hes been forced to play in like mainly on right running inside which doesnt suit him, so clearly managers fault we've not got best out of him imo.

obviously not a monk fan haha.