Jump to content

Are you a 'turnarounder' when singing?


Recommended Posts

Sheffield Wednesday fans at Hillsborough.jpg

 

Some fans are prone to turning around when belting out their Sheffield Wednesday chants.

They spin around, arms aloft, take a huge deep breath in, then sing their hearts out to those sat/stood behind them, arms aloft, and proud as a button.

Are you a turnarounder too?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans at Hillsborough.jpg

 

Some fans are prone to turning around when belting out their Sheffield Wednesday chants.

They spin around, arms aloft, take a huge deep breath in, then sing their hearts out to those sat/stood behind them, arms aloft, and proud as a button.

Are you a turnarounder too?


The turnarounder always starts a song, almost taking their lungs out with the vigour at which they attempt to get everyone involved .........when no one joins in, the reverse turnaround is a painful watch 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Hate it when someone turns round and goes on a rant about singin ya heart out for the lads.

Reminds me of weddings when some old dear makes me dance when I really don't want to..

 



Come oooooonnnn

Just one dance


Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Come and dance


Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

 

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans at Hillsborough.jpg

 

Some fans are prone to turning around when belting out their Sheffield Wednesday chants.

They spin around, arms aloft, take a huge deep breath in, then sing their hearts out to those sat/stood behind them, arms aloft, and proud as a button.

Are you a turnarounder too?

I know him...it's René....I told him not to but he just walked away.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez. That looks like me from behind, but it can't be. I don't sit there on the kop and I don't recognise anyone around me. Plus the guy is wearing a wedding ring.

 

When was the photo taken?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Jeez. That looks like me from behind, but it can't be. I don't sit there on the kop and I don't recognise anyone around me. Plus the guy is wearing a wedding ring.

 

When was the photo taken?

 

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 21.45.05.jpg

 

 

Between 2011 and 2013 sometime

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 21.45.05.jpg

 

 

Between 2011 and 2013 sometime

 

lol

 

 

It can't be me then. I got married late 2015 and only wore my ring for a few months. It's the spitting image of me though.

 

However, for the record, I'm not a "turnarounder" - unless hugging one of the fans on the row behind when we've scored. Honest WTF:

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding to this great thread....

 

Are you a 'double choruser'?

 

I think the songs usually build a quarter of the way through, get to the end loud, then start again only for everyone to get a bit worried of the 2nd time around and so decide to stop singing anywhere at all in the refrain.  

 

Anyone keep going right to the bitter end of round 2? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...