Matt Penney Article

Kind of telling though the German people followed the instruction. Ours are in parks playing cricket.

Germany no longer in lockdown, Britain could be in it another month.

Why do people in our country think the rules don't apply to them then blame the government when it goes boobies up.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Kind of telling though the German people followed the instruction. Ours are in parks playing cricket.

Why do people in our country think the rules don't apply to them then blame the government when it goes boobies up.

Good Question Room,but i'll tell ya one thing I don't and never will sympathise  with stupid.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Because some people are as thick as sh!t.

Two people from London caught going fishing in Devon. A car from Coventry caught going to a house party in Lincoln. Someone caught with a canoe on their car roof. Absolute, first class, arseh0les. Arrest them, charge them with endangering public health, and lock them up for 5 years. And publically shame them, by putting their images on T.V.

The Government don't go far enough, or hard enough, with answers to the Journalists questions in my opinion.

"Secretary of State, when will the lockdown end?"

"When it does! Or would you like us to end it next Tuesday? Or a week on Wednesday? Or perhaps now, would that suit you and your viewers/readers?"

"Secretary of State, when will we have a vaccine?"

"Ooooh, let's see. We've bid for one on eBay, but the Faroe Islands have got the highest bid at the moment. So, I dunno, you tell me seeing as there isn't one available to any country in the world"

"Secretary of State, why don't we have enough PPE?"

"Because the magic PPE factory is closed. All the fairies have gone on holiday. Or maybe, because there is a world shortage. Hey....there's a thought you moron!"

"Secretary of State, why is Germany's death rate so much lower than ours?"

"Simply put, because they have less idiots who ignore the restrictions that have been put in place. And also a lot better testing process than any other country. Or so it seems!"

"Secretary of State, will Sheffield Wednesday be docked points this season?"

"Oh FFS!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Ball over the top very slow to react numerous times 

I disagree...Penny broke into the team as a LB and started brilliantly he looked solid. He showed he could carry the ball forward at pace and comfortably and Jos Luhukay got a bit giddy...he decided to push him forward which for me was a disaster and Penny lost his confidence which coincided with him losing his place.

Play him at left back where he’s comfortable and give him a proper chance to compete for the position. His first 6/7 games he showed enough at LB to be given a decent chance I thought. 

Guest LondonOwl313
5 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Because some people are as thick as sh!t.

Two people from London caught going fishing in Devon. A car from Coventry caught going to a house party in Lincoln. Someone caught with a canoe on their car roof. Absolute, first class, arseh0les. Arrest them, charge them with endangering public health, and lock them up for 5 years. And publically shame them, by putting their images on T.V.

The Government don't go far enough, or hard enough, with answers to the Journalists questions in my opinion.

"Secretary of State, when will the lockdown end?"

"When it does! Or would you like us to end it next Tuesday? Or a week on Wednesday? Or perhaps now, would that suit you and your viewers/readers?"

"Secretary of State, when will we have a vaccine?"

"Ooooh, let's see. We've bid for one on eBay, but the Faroe Islands have got the highest bid at the moment. So, I dunno, you tell me seeing as there isn't one available to any country in the world"

"Secretary of State, why don't we have enough PPE?"

"Because the magic PPE factory is closed. All the fairies have gone on holiday. Or maybe, because there is a world shortage. Hey....there's a thought you moron!"

"Secretary of State, why is Germany's death rate so much lower than ours?"

"Simply put, because they have less idiots who ignore the restrictions that have been put in place. And also a lot better testing process than any other country. Or so it seems!"

"Secretary of State, will Sheffield Wednesday be docked points this season?"

"Oh FFS!"

The government can’t win.. when mistakes are made with the strategy, which being objective they have been, they get the blame. Even though they’ve basically outsourced the decision making on it to the doctors and scientists, an approach that was endorsed by Labour too. They should have locked down as soon as there was community transmission yet Chris Whitty was saying we can’t yet because it won’t be sustainable for a long time yet a week later we were under full lockdown. I’d imagine some of those lives that have been lost wouldn’t have been if they’d moved earlier. But that’s not the governments fault it’s the advisors.

They also should have closed the borders in January when it was clear something big was going on in China. Yet that would have been deemed an over reaction at the time. By the same token, they couldn’t exactly buy in loads of tests and PPE when at that point they were trying to say that it might not take hold over here

Boris doesn’t like telling people they can’t go out, he likes to be liked. Hancock tried taking a harder line in response to questions by saying they might tighten restrictions further and then he gets vilified for it. Everything is highly politicised for no reason.. seemed to go that way when Corbyn got elected as everything became about us and them (those nasty tories etc)

9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I disagree...Penny broke into the team as a LB and started brilliantly he looked solid. He showed he could carry the ball forward at pace and comfortably and Jos Luhukay got a bit giddy...he decided to push him forward which for me was a disaster and Penny lost his confidence which coincided with him losing his place.

Play him at left back where he’s comfortable and give him a proper chance to compete for the position. His first 6/7 games he showed enough at LB to be given a decent chance I thought. 

He was far from solid in his first few games .off the top of my head I can think of 3 goals that he was culpable  for and recall at the home game against stoke he was starting to get some stick of the south stand for continually giving away possession  .....the lads got a good left foot and if he as brushed up on his defensive game while in germany then he could be an asset. 

I think Penney will be our next one that got away player. He’s easily a decent championship player and as a breakthrough player should be supported. Looking at our last outfield player to come through, Palmer, I’d say Penney has more quality and ability than him. 

we need to get him in the team, I’m sure he has a contract until next season, fingers crossed he does and we don’t do the normal Wednesday thing and lose out. 

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The government can’t win.. when mistakes are made with the strategy, which being objective they have been, they get the blame. Even though they’ve basically outsourced the decision making on it to the doctors and scientists, an approach that was endorsed by Labour too. They should have locked down as soon as there was community transmission yet Chris Whitty was saying we can’t yet because it won’t be sustainable for a long time yet a week later we were under full lockdown. I’d imagine some of those lives that have been lost wouldn’t have been if they’d moved earlier. But that’s not the governments fault it’s the advisors.

They also should have closed the borders in January when it was clear something big was going on in China. Yet that would have been deemed an over reaction at the time. By the same token, they couldn’t exactly buy in loads of tests and PPE when at that point they were trying to say that it might not take hold over here

Boris doesn’t like telling people they can’t go out, he likes to be liked. Hancock tried taking a harder line in response to questions by saying they might tighten restrictions further and then he gets vilified for it. Everything is highly politicised for no reason.. seemed to go that way when Corbyn got elected as everything became about us and them (those nasty tories etc)

I totally agree. It doesn't matter which side of the political coin one sits, no Government was going to win with this and anyone blaming the Government is extremely short-sighted. It's a fine balancing act between the peoples freedom, the economy and the management and supression of this awful virus. In hindsight, we should have locked the borders down quicker and whilst we may have a legal duty to return UK citizens from abroad, they should not have been brought back in until we had the capacity to isolate them. But like I said "in hindsight". The world has never seen anything like this before.

I don't think any politician, of a fair and democratic country, wants to tell people they can't go out, and like all politicians Boris does want to be liked. If Corbyn/Starmer were in charge, I guess they would be doing, and acting the same way, so like you said, it's been politicised for no reason. This isn't about politics, it's about peoples lives. But the media does like to stick its spoon in and give it a stir.

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Still Corbyn's fault then.....lol