Favourite 80s away grounds

As title!! And why? Not just the result but ground layout, atmospheres, pubs etc

sorry in advance to youngsters!

Enjoyed trips to highfield road. Man city wooden seats behind the goal before we got 1/4 of the kippax. Derby was entertaining. Zico putting a penalty rebound past shilts infront of us, can still see his beaming smile in the net. Loved beating villa 2-0 to send them down, they stormed the pitch to try and force postponement. Loads more

4 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Remember coach dropping us some way from ground and just so many of us it was like Penistone Rd....mind you..I had a few so maybe dodgy memory! UTO.

I remember us playing in all white and Banno scoring late on. Then I was on the coach and went past a gang of their supporters gathered near the ground. Some of us ducked expecting the inevitable hail of bricks but instead they clapped us. It was like that scene near the end of Zulu when the Zulu warriors salute the British.

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, Birstall Owl said:

Plough Lane, Manor Ground, Ayresome Park, The Dell, Goldstone Ground, Baseball Ground.

Sadly all gone but firmly have a place in the 80's

The old den , millmoor  & the city ground were always favourites of mine. 

21 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Blackpool was always a good day out. Especially when they put you on the split Kop.

Remember missing the coach back from there with a now respected owner of a property maintenance company. Coach from Chesterfield gave us a lift back to J35 on M1.