March 20th points deduction?

23 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

As Great Big Gala said:

Personally I think one of the casualties of this pandemic will be the EFL as we currently know it? I totally expect a breakaway group to form and a push for a new league maybe premier league two within the next 12/18 months?

Yes, I thnk pulling out of the EFL and forming a new league is what we should be pushing for.

I ask you which of the following makes a bigger league?

Wednesday

Leeds

Derby

Forest

Brum

Derby

or

Bournemouth

Watford

Brighton

Burnley

Southampton

Well obviously the top group.

It;s got two Derbys in it lol

29 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

As Great Big Gala said:

Personally I think one of the casualties of this pandemic will be the EFL as we currently know it? I totally expect a breakaway group to form and a push for a new league maybe premier league two within the next 12/18 months?

Yes, I thnk pulling out of the EFL and forming a new league is what we should be pushing for.

I ask you which of the following makes a bigger league?

Wednesday

Leeds

Derby

Forest

Brum

Derby

or

Bournemouth

Watford

Brighton

Burnley

Southampton

The Premier League gets a lot of criticism - especially the elite clubs - for being BillyBigBollocks and there you are being exactly the same. Those clubs are there on footballing merit. Anyway Brighton averaged over 30k last season. We haven’t done that for over half a century - and Southampton weren’t far off. 

We’re a badly run club - and we have been for well over 20 years. Our commercial income for example is poor. Let’s get our own house in order before we start pulling the big “I Am”. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

The Premier League gets a lot of criticism - especially the elite clubs - for being BillyBigBollocks and there you are being exactly the same. Those clubs are there on footballing merit. Anyway Brighton averaged over 30k last season. We haven’t done that for over half a century - and Southampton weren’t far off. 

We’re a badly run club - and we have been for well over 20 years. Our commercial income for example is poor. Let’s get our own house in order before we start pulling the big “I Am”. 

I can't argue with the badly run club stuff, we are all aware of the issues that have arisen since the gamble failed, but comparing our support detrimentally with the likes of Brighton and using the same 30k stick that lot down at S2 use lacks a bit of perspective, particularly if you look at our attendances as a whole in comparison to others for the last half a century. The post which compares 'traditionally' well supported clubs in the Championship and some of the not so in the Premier League does hold some value, particularly if you were to look at potential TV viewing subscriptions, which in turn is where the Premier League finances are footed.

You only have to look at the amount of other football fans and the football media itself going on about a Premier league return for Leeds and their 'deserving fans', yes we can all agree with the arguments about merit, but likewise the game in this country has all the potential to get in a mess very soon, and our club is an example of what the 'system' has created .... let's reflect a little on cause and effect !

Edited by OwlsMan1961

1 hour ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

I can't argue with the badly run club stuff, we are all aware of the issues that have arisen since the gamble failed, but comparing our support detrimentally with the likes of Brighton and using the same 30k stick that lot down at S2 use lacks a bit of perspective, particularly if you look at our attendances as a whole in comparison to others for the last half a century. The post which compares 'traditionally' well supported clubs in the Championship and some of the not so in the Premier League does hold some value, particularly if you were to look at potential TV viewing subscriptions, which in turn is where the Premier League finances are footed.

You only have to look at the amount of other football fans and the football media itself going on about a Premier league return for Leeds and their 'deserving fans', yes we can all agree with the arguments about merit, but likewise the game in this country has all the potential to get in a mess very soon, and our club is an example of what the 'system' has created .... let's reflect a little on cause and effect !

Don’t get me started on Leeds. Of course they get big crowds they are a single club in a big city. One minute I read we’re being picked on by the EFL and it’s not fair. The next minute I’m reading we are somehow more deserving than the fans of other clubs because we live in a big city and so have a lot of supporters so we should jettison the smaller clubs.

The Premier League has already stacked the odds against smaller clubs. Let’s not go down the road of making it worse just because we think we are bigger. If that’s the case we will never deserve to play the likes of Man United ever again,The fans of Bournemouth are just as deserving as we are. They are football fans just like us.