New rule changes for next season announced

6 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

The thing I don't get though is that encroachment only matters if the person encroaching follows up a saved pen and scores (on an attacking front).  Defender should always be penalised if the pen is missed and there is encroachment.

There has never been a situation where a player 17 yards away has put the keeper off!

Unless your doing star jumps that is ;-)

So basically during a penalty, the keeper can literally run of his line as the striker begins his run-up and be maybe only 6 yards from the ball when it's kicked....and if the player shoots and misses the goal or hits the post (As he will be massively put off by an onrushing keeper) it's fine and it won't be retaken?

Huh?

Surely not.

1 minute ago, trev said:

So basically during a penalty, the keeper can literally run of his line as the striker begins his run-up and be maybe only 6 yards from the ball when it's kicked....and if the player shoots and misses the goal or hits the post (As he will be massively put off by an onrushing keeper) it's fine and it won't be retaken?

Huh?

Surely not.

I was just about to type exactly the same thing.....I suppose if it’s a yellow for doing so the keeper really only has 1 go at doing this but in general encroachment by a defender causing a goal to be disallowed is just fuckwittery of the highest order

On 10/04/2020 at 12:59, @owlstalk said:

While attacking handball has also been clarified by the IFAB. Though not changed, meaning a handball relating to the goal must be one of the following three:

- Handball then a goal

- Handball followed by a pass then a goal

- Handball which then falls to a teammate who passes the ball, which then results in a goal

So you can pick up the ball, give it to your team mate and if there are two passes before the goal then it sticks???

6 minutes ago, Carlton Palmreader said:

So you can pick up the ball, give it to your team mate and if there are two passes before the goal then it sticks???

That would be a straight handball, 

It's the handball which the ref doesn't see, that is picked up by VAR, which the rule applies to. 

I can see penalties being retaken 2 or 3 times every time with VAR judging encroachment or keeper movement. We already have players putting off the penalty taker by delaying tactics, the coaches will already be working on how to manipulate the rules. We already play 98 minutes and have 15 minutes half time, our lass is going to start wondering where I’ve been at this rate. 

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

I can see penalties being retaken 2 or 3 times every time with VAR judging encroachment or keeper movement. We already have players putting off the penalty taker by delaying tactics, the coaches will already be working on how to manipulate the rules. We already play 98 minutes and have 15 minutes half time, our lass is going to start wondering where I’ve been at this rate. 

20 minutes now innit

10 hours ago, agentwalker said:

I see they bottled the mic on the refs like rugby.

Would improve the respect of the fans and also that of the players.

bottle jobs the lot of them

I reckon they are frightened that the ref might come across as incompetent and show them up for what they are ...........idiots. 

VAR was always going to be a problem in football. 

Aside from the now well worn arguments of ‘no natural stoppages’ and ‘time lost referring to decisions’, the implementation has been done in such a way that it robs supporters in the ground of any natural excitement and tension and bars fans from even understanding what the process is and why decisions are being made.

In keeping with the trend taking place in football for years, it’s a further barrier between the elitist governing bodies of football and the hangers on who only understand football and football clubs on a superficial level and every day supporters who are being ostracized, priced out, and generally cast aside.

Self fe11atio at its ‘finest’ from the EFIB.

Edited by Wor’Jackie
Incorrect name of governing body implementing the rule changes

On 10/04/2020 at 12:59, @owlstalk said:

Handball

For the first time in the Laws of the Game, the arm is defined for handball, with officials having previously defined the use of the whole of the arm as handball.

While attacking handball has also been clarified by the IFAB. Though not changed, meaning a handball relating to the goal must be one of the following three:

- Handball then a goal

- Handball followed by a pass then a goal

- Handball which then falls to a teammate who passes the ball, which then results in a goal

You've missed out the part about the T-shirt line.

From the start of next season, the point at which the arm stops and the shoulder begins will be written into the law as the "T-shirt line" and aims to aid officials to "differentiate more clearly" between the arm and the shoulder.

So it sounds to me that if the ball was to hit a players arm, on the upper part of his/her bicep, it's not classed as handball. However, I am sure that "natural positioning" will still apply, i.e. if you have your arm out, and it strikes that area, it could be classed as handball.