BREAKING NEWS - EFL's 7 point plan to save this season

Its still not been proven immunity will last after recovering, plus the constant risk of a substantial mutation, means football will be played behind closed doors for up to a year thats the facts, the price of watching football on your tv could be £39 theres no way 20 thousand people are gettin into the same place

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Thanks 1

My 2 point plan for the EFL.

1. Cancel the 2019/20 season & expunge all results.

2. Start the 2020/21 season if possible when it is safe to do so for players, non playing staff & supporters on advice of the government & health care experts.

Far more likely than the pie in the sky 7 point nonsense from the EFL.

17 minutes ago, alleycat said:

The EFL actually say that the money won’t be distributed “while additional clarity is sought on other financial matters, particularly in respect to players wages”.

Which I read as, they’re not going to give the money out just so the clubs can carry on paying obscene amounts to the players rather than using it to help with keeping the clubs running / afloat.

If that’s the case then I think that’s fair enough.

While accumulating " x " amount of interest. May take years to distribute it all properly.

lol

10 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My 2 point plan for the EFL.

1. Cancel the 2019/20 season & expunge all results.

2. Start the 2020/21 season if possible when it is safe to do so for players, non playing staff & supporters on advice of the government & health care experts.

Far more likely than the pie in the sky 7 point nonsense from the EFL.

I can think of a 1 point plan for the EFL, and it only consists of 2 words.

One of them is 'OFF'

the other word isnt 'Seasons'

Just void the season. 

No promotion no relegation. With the greatest respect, it's the simple solution. 

I'm sorry for those clubs this effects re promotion, but it is what it is. It's not everyday a global pandemic hits.

Why does football think it's even remotely importent at the moment? 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Just void the season. 

No promotion no relegation. With the greatest respect, it's the simple solution. 

I'm sorry for those clubs this effects re promotion, but it is what it is. It's not everyday a global pandemic hits.

Why does football think it's even remotely importent at the moment? 

I don't think that all football thinks that....but the premier League does and that is the issue as they have all the power

This is one of those sky tv order it ideas.

Football teams in our league and the league below live and die by match day revenue so force all the teams to plays all the remaining days with no match day revenue.

Is Parry and the rest of the prats at the EFL going to compensate every single team for the loses for the rest of the season.

I bet not.

Now is the time for the championship to issue a vote of no confidence in the whole EFL board - sack the lot of them and get competent human beings involved.

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I don't think that all football thinks that....but the premier League does and that is the issue as they have all the power

Well they need to give there heads a wobble, because finance wise football is in deep deep trouble. 

It won't be able to sustain itself following this.