We should have broke the bank to keep Michael Hector

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Let’s see where us and Fulham end up. I like Borner, I hope he will turn out to be a good signing, but of late, he’s looked truly dreadful

Let's see where is and Fulham end up.

one teams if is full of over aged joyrneymen, free agents, youth players and loans.

the other has been assembled with not shy of £100m .

if we finish in the same half of the table as Fulham we will have done well. Had they a decent manager they would have been top of the table by now.

Borner is a good players, as is Iorfa and quite a few of the team.

our problem is the useless chairman and manager we have that couldn't run a bath between them without flooding the house.

Chelsea wanted 5m quid for a player with a year left. We were willing to pay that and presumably so were fulham.

But winning the award here last season hiked hectors wage demands above anyone else at the club at a time when we want a wage structure in place. All those videos about him wanting to stay was all about painting the club into a corner. Really dissapointing but not surprising and I am glad the club stood firm on it, as good as he is.

On 09/04/2020 at 13:39, 0114 said:

£5m for a player who is 27 is the sort of business I’m glad we are no longer conducting.

Good player but wasn’t worth anywhere near that amount of money with 12 months left on his deal. 

I think he sadly was worth 5million, hes a player for a squad pushing for automatic promotion and if we'd of signed him it would have been the death of us

Hector was great for us at this level and would have been an asset. 27 is a fantastic age and £5M is a decent price for a player of that quality.

If we could have afforded him I think we should have bought him. There's the rub though, we can't afford him. It's no good wishing for what we can't have, just buy the best we can afford and go from there.

Maybe when we get rid of the big earners in the summer we can move from the bargain bin at Lidl to Tesco own brand.

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Possibly the worst distribution for a CB next to Tom Lees. Done nothing with his career. Glad we didn't spend to get him.

Not sure about that, so what about those 40 yard diagonals he used to hit. He would have been useful launcher of attacks, now we have a bit of pace

On 09/04/2020 at 14:02, @owlstalk said:

Don't think it should ever be a case of one vs the other

If we truly really genuinely want to compete we should be securing the best possible available players

So ideally you'd have Hector AND Iorfa in the same starting lineup

Yes but are their c*cks 'kin massive? :wacko:

Just had a thought, i wonder if that's why Borner is a little slow on the turn?