Goal chalked off

In the current spirit of random questions...

if you could chalk off one goal scored against us in history which would it be?

arsenal cup final last min 93? We mightve done it on pens?

duffy at hillsborough?

palace last day relegation decider?

evertons first in the 66 comeback or Robinson  83

many more Im sure

I might opt for Linighans and hope butterfingers wouldve kept a couple of pens out

2 minutes ago, unkastav said:

duffy at hillsborough?

many more Im sure

I might opt for Linighans and hope butterfingers wouldve kept a couple of pens out

This was the start of our decline which we won't get out for some time yet. We'd just started to put a run together then the scrubbers beat us and knocked us for 6.

16 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

This was the start of our decline which we won't get out for some time yet. We'd just started to put a run together then the scrubbers beat us and knocked us for 6.

I disagree, we'd been very inconsistent in the early part of the season. As most on here would say, Carlos should have left after the Huddersfield play off debacle, the rot had set in with the squad and it needed freshening up. United winning at S6 merely highlighted our shortcomings

25 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I disagree, we'd been very inconsistent in the early part of the season. As most on here would say, Carlos should have left after the Huddersfield play off debacle, the rot had set in with the squad and it needed freshening up. United winning at S6 merely highlighted our shortcomings

Maybe your right. I just felt like we had started to put a run together and I'd never been so confident of winning a derby. Then that happened and we haven't recovered from it. 

23 minutes ago, sheffieldblue said:

David Speedies 3rd at Highfield Road when we lost 0-5 to Coventry.

I had backed us to lose 4-0 at 22 to 1

Was grim! If Im right it was one of Ian Knights comeback matches too. Poor day

17 hours ago, unkastav said:

duffy at hillsborough?

many more Im sure

Wouldn't you have just had their goal in the first game wiped out? We'd have won 1-0 then

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

In the next home game we put in our best performance of the season and beat Leeds 3-0 

Derby's equaliser in that horrendous 3-3 capitulation in the year we went down from the prem. You never know, as abject as we were, not having the confidence knocked out of us and taking three points could have been the difference between going down and staying up. 

40 minutes ago, alanharper said:

In the next home game we put in our best performance of the season and beat Leeds 3-0 

That was a good performance as was villa away but apart from those two games we were dreadful and that was before all the injuries started to pile up. 

Arsenals winner in the 93 replay. Who knows how the penalties would have gone, but they had Wright off the pitch, and we had put Bart-Williams on near the end, I always assumed for the shoot out.

I don’t  know what would have hurt more, losing on pens or the way we did. 😕

4 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Wouldn't you have just had their goal in the first game wiped out? We'd have won 1-0 then

It doesn’t work like that. If it were 0-0 at the time Hirst scored, would we have been pressing like we were? The first FA cup game was 2 teams trying to cancel each other out.

1 hour ago, sheffieldblue said:

It was us that equalised, a few minutes after Rotherham went 2-1 up after that cheating twt Towner took a dive for the penalty

Gary Bannister made it 2-2

shows how your mind plays tricks on you, could have sworn we went 1- down 2-1 up and then tony towner diving 5 yards away from mark smith. cheating bstard

Edited by matt68owls