Bovver on the pitch during a game

1 hour ago, markg said:

Yeah remember that one. Think it was after we scored a pen and the ref ordered a re-take which we then missed

Could be wrong I think Paul cook (wogan manager) had first saved by stringer ref ordered retake scored....and the "crowd went wild" :duntmatter:

47 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Could be wrong I think Paul cook (wogan manager) had first saved by stringer ref ordered retake scored....and the "crowd went wild" :duntmatter:

Terry's 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Actually yes that's right. I dont remember it as well as I initially thought 

The greatest incident ever on our pitch is surely the time when we were attacking a cross came into the box and a random kid  who happened to be on the pitch was ok the box and did a diving header at same time as our player headed it in a yard away. 
goal stood as well I think .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The greatest incident ever on our pitch is surely the time when we were attacking a cross came into the box and a random kid  who happened to be on the pitch was ok the box and did a diving header at same time as our player headed it in a yard away. 

Bannister's winner v Norwich City 1982, I don't think anyone playing and certainly not those officiating saw it, got picked up by the TV cameras though, who were there to see Norwich get promoted.

Edited by OwlsMan1961

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Running across the pitch to get to the home fans was a regular occurrence in the 70s. York City and Tranmere spring to mind. Portsmouth also.

I remember Peterborough away. Pitch invasion pre game. Had to run 100 yards across thick mud in platforms and oxford bags. I was at the back obviously.

When I got to their kop the coppers arrived and everybody ran 100 yards back across the mud. Was knackered!

Crossed the pitch twice and never took a step on their kop..

• Haha 6

Guest Ash76

Not on the pitch but Carlos trying to take on the Wigan fans was funny

Edit - or was it Bolton?

Edited by Ash76

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Always seem to remember some fisticuffs breaking out in the area between the North Stand and the Leppings Lane end especially when the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool came to town. :tango:

The season when we were in the old second division with Chelsea West Ham and Newcastle, the Wednesday fans attaked from that area around kick off time. 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

d61da1d4ccace58047f7b8a2e809a956.jpg

river.jpg

What bother/feyting have you see on the pitch during games?

Obvious example of this in recent times has been Chris Kirkland attacked in front of the West Stand during the Leeds United game.

What other assaults, fights, or downright dirty tackles have you seen on the pitch during Wednesday matches?

What was that game where the fan ran on the pitch from the West Stand, and ran towards Tango's corner/crows nest/triangle and then one of our lads ran down to him and sparked him out?

lol

The one your referring to was against United in that Worthington Cup game. Fight broke out in Kop, ends up on pitch and Wednesday fan gets lead away. United fan end ups stood on his own in front of Kop. Chucks a couple of Vs and next minute some bloke in an oversized shirt over his hoody ran on and sparked him. Might have done so by running up the disabled ramp on North, but I might be getting carried away with that. 

4 minutes ago, Nut said:

The season when we were in the old second division with Chelsea West Ham and Newcastle, the Wednesday fans attaked from that area around kick off time. 

I Remember it very well.Might have been the early 80's 1981 onwards.:tango:

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Willie ......... One of the Gate lads & a Dragon regular to away games!

only talking to him the other day.

• Haha 1