Player wages

What do we think to this "potentially" happening ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8197663/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Championship-owners-considering-group-administration-solve-wages-dilemma.html

Just seen in another thread that this particular article has been mentioned,dismiss my link if its not worth/got any legs.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

Why is just football which is been picked on?  Some of the very rich billionaires are claiming as well for their companies.

We should evaluate the whole of societies view on wealth not just a small portion of it.

Within a few months of the virus ending it will be back to dog eat dog and our good intentions will be just a memory.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why is just football which is been picked on?  Some of the very rich billionaires are claiming as well for their companies.

We should evaluate the whole of societies view on wealth not just a small portion of it.

Within a few months of the virus ending it will be back to dog eat dog and our good intentions will be just a memory.

Fully agree.

Lewis Hamilton earns 750k a week and destroys the planet doing it.

Where is the pressure on him in all of this, have I missed something?

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I dont think it is just football being 'picked on'.
I have seen a lot of negative things on social media about Richard Branson, Mike Ashley and Tim Martin.
Football probably gets more stick but that's because it is so high profile.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think it is just football being 'picked on'.
I have seen a lot of negative things on social media about Richard Branson, Mike Ashley and Tim Martin.
Football probably gets more stick but that's because it is so high profile.

Do you think it will have a benefit long term?

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

To football?

Probably not, will re start with plenty of good intentions but a couple of months later be back to normal.

Might make players wages come down a bit in the short term however.

Will that money just go to the club owners?  

Do agree though nothing will change 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Never understand how these businessmen who all must be somewhat competent to have they money they do, can run what is at the end of the day a business so poorly. 

Absurd, and it's not the exception... It's the majority 

Football is not run for profit its run for prestige. That's why.

It's the players wages which are at least bringing clubs into dispute with FFP, and at most destroying them, 

there has to be a mechanism which confronts this head on, FFP does not do this.

There should be a cap on what wages can be paid in the entirety of a football club, and that includes bonuses.

This would also put every club on a level playing field which for the likes of the big six would be a non starter, 

this would need to be addressed,

money allowance could be worked out on the previous season's league position,

1-6    get a certain amount

6-10   a lesser amount of above

10-20  a lesser amount of above

This would make clubs more sustainable and give them scope to spend money on fans, infrastructure, and local issues.

Clubs would become more of a community benefit, and once again the working mans sport.