The first game back after Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Have I missed us sacking monk ?! Otherwise there will be no such packed Hillsborough roar 

Some fans don't want Monk to go.

They think it's the players fault how we've done this season

Chansiri seems to agree with Monk

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know I just don’t get it. I didn’t want monk and my reasons were we needed someone who had the experience to make big changes at a club and who played attacking possession based football as our squad was suited to that style. We got neither as monk has never lasted long or played that style.

But... I got behind him, tried to look at the positives, we seemed more solid and were able to grind out results prior to Xmas despite not playing well.

However, cracks began to appear and wow the wheels have fallen off and everything I feared when appointed has come to pass.

The players are not blameless. Neither is the board. But Monk has to take the majority of the blame and we won’t move

forward while he is here.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah I've no idea mate - none at all.

Just think that we have a long wait for football, and in that time I reckon we'll see major changes to the squad

Well if this season does reach a conclusion, there won't be a transfer window before it finishes so mo there won't be changes to the squad.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's going to be really weird isn't it, in more ways than one.

Everything will feel so surreal.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like on the build up to the team coming out. I can't wait for that. I bet it's going to be incredible.

And the pubs before the match too - they'll be rammed to say the least.

Garry Monk will have had a much needed break from all the stuff kicking off since Christmas, might have had a chance to clear out the deadwood and problem players, and bring some new faces in to freshen things up.

Chansiri will have beat the EFL charges, avoided points deductions (please god), and back to implementing positive changes at the club, holding fans forums again, and granting interviews to other journalists than Dom Howson.

I have a feeling Chansiri will do something groundbreaking and innovative to attract everyone back to the first game back too. Looking forward to what he announces.

The official SWFC social media team will still be putting out the content that they have been during this isolation period which has been award winningly brilliant.

Even the catering, half time entertainment, and all the other niggles will have been ironed out and sorted.

And then the roar when the players come out for the very first time.. That will be deafening at a full packed Hillsborough.

Can't wait for it to come back

Look in my eyes, just my eyes, not around the eyes....your under.

Aaaaand.....back in the room!!!!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Indeed Chansiri also agreed with Jos - he nearly sent us down, agreed with Carlos also at the end only left because he had the Swansea job and Bruce who left for another job.

His record with managers so far is 5 manager, every single one has failed, GM has taken the team he got from play off certainty to relegation possible's, . Yes we got to a play off final with Carlos, but we have been paying for it for the last 5 season and could well be for the next 5 too.

If we have this clear out in the summer and all but 1 or 2 players leave we are going to have a team full of kids, free agents and loan players. 

Are you going to be happy paying £30-40 a game, or anything from £500-700+ a season to watch a team assembled on a shoe-string.

DC has the pricing all wrong but the excuse has always been investment in the team, with no investment in the team happening for the last 2 season and all but 1 or 2 of the big earners gone will prices comes down or will there be significant investment in rebuilding the team. 

I personally think nothing will change with the pricing and the manager who ever it is will have both arms and legs tied behind his back on the financial side too.

There will be a lot of football fans that will have got out of the habit of going to football matches and getting them back will be extremely difficult. I haven't missed it for one moment and the attitude of the PFA, footballers and ex-footballers is very telling. This virus will correct many things in society both good and bad.