The first game back after Coronavirus

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 19.00.10.jpg

It's going to be really weird isn't it, in more ways than one.

Everything will feel so surreal.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like on the build up to the team coming out. I can't wait for that. I bet it's going to be incredible.

And the pubs before the match too - they'll be rammed to say the least.

Garry Monk will have had a much needed break from all the stuff kicking off since Christmas, might have had a chance to clear out the deadwood and problem players, and bring some new faces in to freshen things up.

Chansiri will have beat the EFL charges, avoided points deductions (please god), and back to implementing positive changes at the club, holding fans forums again, and granting interviews to other journalists than Dom Howson.

I have a feeling Chansiri will do something groundbreaking and innovative to attract everyone back to the first game back too. Looking forward to what he announces.

The official SWFC social media team will still be putting out the content that they have been during this isolation period which has been award winningly brilliant.

Even the catering, half time entertainment, and all the other niggles will have been ironed out and sorted.

And then the roar when the players come out for the very first time.. That will be deafening at a full packed Hillsborough.

Can't wait for it to come back

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like on the build up to the team coming out. I can't wait for that. I bet it's going to be incredible.

Garry Monk will have had a much needed break from all the stuff kicking off since Christmas, might have had a chance to clear out the deadwood and problem players, and bring some new faces in to freshen things up.

Chansiri will have beat the EFL charges, avoided points deductions (please god), and back to implementing positive changes at the club, holding fans forums again, and granting interviews to other journalists than Dom Howson.

I have a feeling Chansiri will do something groundbreaking and innovative to attract everyone back to the first game back too. Looking forward to what he announces.

The official SWFC social media team will still be putting out the content that they have been during this isolation period which has been award winningly brilliant.

Even the catering, half time entertainment, and all the other niggles will have been ironed out and sorted.

And then the roar when the players come out for the very first time.. That will be deafening at a full packed Hillsborough.

and after about 5 minutes of watching the crap being played, the complete lack of any application or tactical set up of the team everyone will wish the game has been called off.

in all seriousness, the behaviour of every professional football club so far bar 1 or 2 has been very poor.

they all collectively need to pull their fingers out of they could be playing to empty stadiums as the fans find other things to spend their hard earned cash on instead of over hyped and over paid footballers.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

and after about 5 minutes of watching the crap being played, the complete lack of any application or tactical set up of the team everyone will wish the game has been called off.

in all seriousness, the behaviour of every professional football club so far bar 1 or 2 has been very poor.

they all collectively need to pull their fingers out of they could be playing to empty stadiums as the fans find other things to spend their hard earned cash on instead of over hyped and over paid footballers.

Its us the fans who do that.

First games back won't be this season and many clubs will have gone under. Football is immaterial during a time like this. At the end of the day football's greed and deluded ignorance, as meant many clubs and Leagues are under prepared to cope and won't survive the economic effects of the pandemic crisis. How can the season be finished without many of the clubs that started it? When football does eventually return it needs a good long hard look at itself and it needs to reform many things, clubs need more protection and wages need capping or something, and football in general needs to get real and be more sensible. Football also needs to start thinking about the fans, football without fans is nothing and playing games behind closed doors will be an insult to every football fan, and prices need to become more sensible in the future, if fans will be able to still afford to follow the sport that they love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

First games back won't be this season and many clubs will have gone under. Football is immaterial during a time like this. At the end of the day football's greed and deluded ignorance, as meant many clubs and Leagues are under prepared to cope and won't survive the economic effects of the pandemic crisis. How can the season be finished without many of the clubs that started it? When football does eventually return it needs a good long hard look at itself and it needs to reform many things, clubs need more protection and wages need capping or something, and football in general needs to get real and be more sensible. Football also needs to start thinking about the fans, football without fans is nothing and playing games behind closed doors will be an insult to every football fan, and prices need to become more sensible in the future, if fans will be able to still afford to follow the sport that they love.

Great post there.:tango:

Genuinely think the 19/20 season will be completed behind closed doors in autumn 2020, and 20/21 season will be scrapped altogether.

Crowds allowed back for 21/22 season, with limits on crowd numbers.

Countless clubs will go under.

Football will never be the same again.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Intrigued by your comments on Monk having chance to clear out deadwood and bring in new faces. Take it your not expecting this season to be finished then?

Just now, Brommers said:

Intrigued by your comments on Monk having chance to clear out deadwood and bring in new faces. Take it your not expecting this season to be finished then?

Ah I've no idea mate - none at all.

Just think that we have a long wait for football, and in that time I reckon we'll see major changes to the squad

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Have I missed us sacking monk ?! Otherwise there will be no such packed Hillsborough roar