Seriously though...

How dull is it without football?

Obviously these are strange times and the top priority is making sure we beat this virus, but I've been lost without football. Pretty sure I've watched highlights of all of our games since the 70's since we've been in lockdown! 

Just goes to show how important football is in all of our lives and how easily it can be taken away from us. 

Just can't wait for our first game back, home or away, in this league or league 1. Whatever happens, just want the wednesday back

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

Our lass says I’ve been in a much better mood since Wednesday stopped getting hammered every week

With the young un playing 4 times a week, me traveling with work and then the Wednesday matches, I didn't realise I had a lass... Bit of a bonus... Well for the first few days, then all she does is go around moaning like bannan... 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Miss footy in the same way I miss everything else that’s currently not available. Don’t miss watching Wednesday one bit though 

havnt been a football fan for many  years  but have a season ticket  for us and  like you in truth I havnt missed not going these past  weeks …...not good that I should feel that way even more so when ive splashed out £315 on the early bird for next season (if there is a next season )….

What I’m finding interesting during all this downtime is people gravitating towards nostalgia (myself included)

This time of no football has given us the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax, and reflect on our clubs history and amazing past

We are normally all too busy to enjoy the many memories that Wednesday have given us

Some great memories been posted this week

Nice one everyone it’s been ace

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I’m finding interesting during all this downtime is people gravitating towards nostalgia (myself included)

This time of no football has given us the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax, and reflect on our clubs history and amazing past

We are normally all too busy to enjoy the many memories that Wednesday have given us

Some great memories been posted this week

Nice one everyone it’s been ace

I've also enjoyed this, its a pity there are not more full games available to watch anywhere online, the only ones I have are on VHS :bullen:

I'm grateful that we've got the means to look at all this nostalgia. 

One big takeaway from all this is thinking how happy the population will be when things get back to normal, whether that's footy, seeing your mum, round of golf, trip down the pub to catch up with the lads or lasses. 

I for one hadn't realised how many little things I took for granted. This whole thing feels like one big social experiment and I for one will enjoy going to Hillsborough again, despite what utter poo is served up

:tango:

as bad as we are missing it like mad,

read books - notes from a small island Bill Bryson and recommend looking back at me Wilko Johnson

scanned all the useless paperwork that we keep for years "just in case" which for some reason has made me feel a lot better.

oh and i have discovered that at 64 i can still have mad, frantic passionate S E X, which is great because i only live at 58 so i only have to nip a few doors down the road.

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I've also enjoyed this, its a pity there are not more full games available to watch anywhere online, the only ones I have are on VHS :bullen:

Yeah before I follow when it was Wednesday player. You used to be able to get loads of old full matches on there from the past. None now.