Your worst ever back 4 & keeper

Guest Garryswfcowl72

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

By all accounts Brannigan and Carr were abysmal but i never saw either of them play so.......

Ola Tidman

Darren Wood  John Holsgrove  Dave Cusack  Peter Gilbert  

I remember Brannigan's debut at Leicester, think we ended up losing 6-1, Carr had a nightmare on his debut v I think Man City. 

I thought Darren Wood was a midfielder. I remember him marking Gazza out of a game when he played for Spurs. 

Tidman was poor but I don't recall him playing many games for us. 

Peter Fox wasn't a very good keeper though he was very young when he got in team, I think he was only 16 when first played. 

Larry May was terrible when he joined us from Barnsley. 

Holsgrove and Cusack were poor defenders and from around that time I didn't rate Alan Thompson. 

Amazed Van aken isn’t in more teams. Incredible he was signed given his very glaring flaws. I have seen a lot of football in my life, he remains the only centre back I have seen in professional football who did not have basic central defensive footwork sorted. The number of times he was ‘ flat footed’ was incredible, I used to have my head in my hands watching him.  I maintain the player wasn’t scouted. 

the decision to replace Loovens (who did need replacing as he slowed down) , who was a defensive master, with Van Aken, was the catalyst to the shambles of the last 3 seasons .  You could ask me the question in the OP in 50 years time if I make it that far, Van aken will still be in my response. 

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I remember Brannigan's debut at Leicester, think we ended up losing 6-1, Carr had a nightmare on his debut v I think Man City. 

I thought Darren Wood was a midfielder. I remember him marking Gazza out of a game when he played for Spurs. 

Tidman was poor but I don't recall him playing many games for us. 

Peter Fox wasn't a very good keeper though he was very young when he got in team, I think he was only 16 when first played. 

Larry May was terrible when he joined us from Barnsley. 

Holsgrove and Cusack were poor defenders and from around that time I didn't rate Alan Thompson. 

Yeah Eustace signed him as a midfielder for £400,000 which was hefty money in those days and he was awful.

Eustace had to try and justify his signing so tried to re-invent him as a right back where he was even worse.

• Thanks 1

I was at Leicester for that game, is it fair to include Brannigan though as I think that was his only game. He looked a bit like that guy who played for Southampton once on the back of some sort of reference and the fact he was related to a top player. On reflection, I have to include him

I'm going Adamson, Carr, Branston, Branningan, Beswetherick.

Anyone who saw Bez and didn’t pick him needs a new pair of glasses urgently in my view. 

A couple I remember being bad 

Martin Taylor in 2012/2013 season. Had been playing Premier League football 2/3 seasons before as well.

Rafael Floro played 2 games and was terrible. Was very young at the time but plays in Lithuania now. 

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

By all accounts Brannigan and Carr were abysmal but i never saw either of them play so.......

Ola Tidman

Darren Wood  John Holsgrove  Dave Cusack  Peter Gilbert  

Darren Wood wasn’t bad for us, he just hardly ever played due to him being injured for much of his time at Wednesday.

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

its all about opinions mate but if big jack thought he was good enough then I'll go with his …...when you think we've probably had  4 very  good managers in 60 years and 2 of them picked morris on a regular basis it beggars believe that anyone could think he was awful 

Morris never played for Jack Charlton at Wednesday.

1 hour ago, flo said:

A couple I remember being bad 

Martin Taylor in 2012/2013 season. Had been playing Premier League football 2/3 seasons before as well.

Rafael Floro played 2 games and was terrible. Was very young at the time but plays in Lithuania now. 

Martin Taylor. fizz me, forgot we had him.