What’s your favourite piece of wednesday memorabilia ?

Guest Garryswfcowl72

It would take a lot for me to part with my collection. Many one offs.

got lots of stuff based on 1935 & some from the 1966 final.

always on the lookout for a enamel badge & the charity shield programme from 1935

• Like 1

Do you know..mines a deflated blue balloon thats still in the house somewhere...

It was during the last 20 minutes of the Rumbelows in '91..I was sat at Wembley..staring at me feet cos I couldn't watch.me mates were taking the p *ss...just to take their minds offa the tension....

This Blue balloon landed at my feet...It was ever so slowly deflating..and I got it in me head , that if the balloons air lasted the full 90...We would win.

(YES...I KNOW how f.ookin' daft it sounds)

But I watched this balloon ever so slowly losing air...as it got to 87 minutes, 88 minutes...I was transfixed....There was no sound, there was nowt happening on the pitch...It was me and this ailing Balloon....It got to the 90 minutes and it was still maybe a quarter inflated....I thought...We're gonna win this... I Stood up (Being caeful not to step on me talisman....) the whistle went....The first thing I did was pick up that balloon and put it in me pocket

Edited by asteener1867
  • Love 1

Amongst many things there are three that probably are my favourites. I have a brick,inscribed with my Grandsons names,in the SWFC Wall of Fame Chris Turner Gallery..

The wooden plaque was done at school  by my daughter in 1986 and the book means a lot to me as my son arranged for me to be listed in the Roll of Honour pages in the book.

IMG_20201007_175131 (300x172).jpg

IMG_20201007_175303 (195x300).jpg

1 hour ago, Bakewell Owl said:

That's awesome

Cheers, it was my Grandad's who bought it new in the 1920s/30s. Passed on to my Dad, and when he passed away, it came to me. Hopefully I've got plenty more years in the tank - but eventually it's going to my kids. I wouldn't sell it for a million quid.

Edited by Bearwood Owl1
Typos
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, paddyowl said:

My autograph collection, ranging from the 1930's to present day.

I have 10 of the starting 11 of our FA Cup victory in 1935, just missing John 'Jack' Palethorpe.

Nearly 500 in total.

Very impressive. 

I collected them during 1970s, I use to wait outside players entrance for an hour or two before kick off.