Hillsborough club to close permanently

Guest The Claw

1764773469_Screenshot2020-04-05at11_55_30.jpg.42cab41a82023172ca1bc7c5dc6a03c3.jpg

HILLSBOROUGH CLUB - IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that we give this news.

As a result of the floods in November and now the COVID19 outbreak we will not be re-opening The Hillsborough Club.
During this time the loss of revenue and the lack of funds supplied by the Government and insurance companies means that this is no longer sustainable.

We have owned the Club since 2003 and so this decision has not been taken lightly as we have invested a lot of our own money and time to make this venue a suitable community hub for the people of Hillsborough.

Personally I am devastated by this decision as I grew up in this area and know many of you on a personal level.

I would ask that you please try and understand the reasoning behind this decision and for those of you that know us personally will know how hard this is.

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for you custom and support over the last 17 years and hope that you are all staying safe in these worrying times.

For our customers that have functions booked with us, I will be speaking to you in person over the next 2 weeks to organise a full refund of any money that has been paid to the Club.

If any of our customers have any property on site such as snooker equipment etc please email the club on hillsboroughclub@outlook.com and we can make arrangements for collection.

I would once again like to thank you all in advance for your understanding. If you have any questions please email me on the above email address and I can arrange to speak to you in person.

Kind regards
Scott Heaton
&
Frank Heaton

For all you guys ,who use the club before the home games, Scott has posted on face book the the club will be closed on a permanent  basis due to the loss of revenue. 

a shame as this was a favourite watering hole for many of us.

sad news and no one should go out of business for this but it’s the harsh reality.

However, If he let people in rather than standing there like a night club bouncer he’d probably be a bit richer. He reduced the amount of causal punters he attracted with his members policy and he was pig ignorant to go with it!!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Claw said:

HILLSBOROUGH CLUB - IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that we give this news.

As a result of the floods in November and now the COVID19 outbreak we will not be re-opening The Hillsborough Club.
During this time the loss of revenue and the lack of funds supplied by the Government and insurance companies means that this is no longer sustainable.

We have owned the Club since 2003 and so this decision has not been taken lightly as we have invested a lot of our own money and time to make this venue a suitable community hub for the people of Hillsborough.

Personally I am devastated by this decision as I grew up in this area and know many of you on a personal level.

I would ask that you please try and understand the reasoning behind this decision and for those of you that know us personally will know how hard this is.

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for you custom and support over the last 17 years and hope that you are all staying safe in these worrying times.

For our customers that have functions booked with us, I will be speaking to you in person over the next 2 weeks to organise a full refund of any money that has been paid to the Club.

If any of our customers have any property on site such as snooker equipment etc please email the club on hillsboroughclub@outlook.com and we can make arrangements for collection.

I would once again like to thank you all in advance for your understanding. If you have any questions please email me on the above email address and I can arrange to speak to you in person.

Kind regards
Scott Heaton
&
Frank Heaton

For all you guys ,who use the club before the home games, Scott has posted on face book the the club will be closed on a permanent  basis due to the loss of revenue. 

a shame as this was a favourite watering hole for many of us.

Friggin Blood sucking Insurance company's.

Off with their heads.

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Adding to the 'pubs close to the ground that have shut' thread

It's a private club , maybe requires its own thread :excl:

On 5 April 2020 at 13:23, Five Archers said:

Best "local derby" Park Hotel v Hillsborough club Sunday league early 80's. Total carnage for 90 minutes then back to each others gaff for a beer and a laugh. Top place

Park Hotel Tap Room vs. Park Hotel Lounge was a tasty Christmas derby fixture, too, with both sides fielding ringers!

18 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Park Hotel Tap Room vs. Park Hotel Lounge was a tasty Christmas derby fixture, too, with both sides fielding ringers!

Thanks mate i forgot about that, seem to remember fire extinguishers being used as a distraction during the game too 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

New owners. It will reopen when safe to do so

My friend spoke to Scott last night so they're booking their Xmas do with them. My missus and her nursing team all out on the lash...god help us 🤣🤣

• Like 1