Barry Bannan

Barry Bannan.jpg

Can't believe that Barry Bannan isn't universally appreciated by our fans. There are some fans out there who just think we play better without him, despite every statistic showing that he's pivotal to our success on the pitch.

How come some fans just don't like Barry Bannan? I don't get it. He's an ace little footballer with a killer pass

Owlstalk Shop

I like Bannan, but him, Hutchinson and Pelupessy are the biggest culprits of us surrendering the midfield area during the last 10 minutes of games, resulting in us conceding an unacceptable amount of late goals

Bit of an enigma is our Barry, there's no doubting he's a good little player, intelligent too, can spot a pass and has the 'will to win'.

But, and for me there's a few of them, he doesn't score enough, he can't tackle and he's become too pivotal,

in the fact everyone looks to pass to him to make something happen, not all his fault, he needs better players around him, but he's a poor mans Tommy Craig.

Stoop's right, when we signed him I looked at his stats and just presumed he was a defensive midfielder, he isn't apparently.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Where he plays every minute of every game, getting plaudits from his managers and ex-players alike. 

Centre-mid.

Definitely with a good defensive midfielder alongside him, ooh someone like Hutch eh? Definitely not on his own as a single cm, or alongside pelepussy, which is the same thing.

do you think Sheridan would have been half the player he was without Carlton doing the grafting?

One of the few proper footballers we have in the team.

Can actually turn on the ball and looks comfortable receiving the ball under any circumstances.

Technically very good has a great engine. Plus he rarely gets injured.

Sure he has some flaws....but he's one of the few players other clubs would want.

Glad we have him.

Problem is , everything has to go through him , which means the rest of them dont take on responsibility to make things happen  . He becomes the easy option . The opposites know this . Cut him out and it stops us playing . When he doesnt play for whatever reason , we have to find an alternative strategy - and we dont have one !

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan.jpg

Can't believe that Barry Bannan isn't universally appreciated by our fans. There are some fans out there who just think we play better without him, despite every statistic showing that he's pivotal to our success on the pitch.

How come some fans just don't like Barry Bannan? I don't get it. He's an ace little footballer with a killer pass

I love bannan, but I think he’s wasted in the deep laying role we’ve seen him play this season...he needs to be played further up the pitch.