Glynn Snodin

Both Glyn and Ian played for Edlington White Stars Ian was always the better of the two but both good players and always destined for the professional game Ian moved from Doncaster to Everton .

they where nurtured by by local coach Roy Cork who was a big friend of Billy Brenner who on most Sunday Mornings could be found at Edlington Welfare watching the youngsters play he was accompanied on many occasions by Peter Wetzl chairman of Doncaster Rovers.

Billy was always approachable and would chat to us ,despite his hard man title he was a friendly warm person who was well liked and respected in Edlington on his death his funeral was held in the village.

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly don't remember that much about Glynn Snodin playing for us. I guess he must have been just 'ok'?

I was abroad from early 70s to early 90s so never saw him,

err, got any pics.

:ph34r:

Edited by daleblue

Went camping in the eighties in Derbyshire, the day of Ian Snodin's wedding.

A group of contractors who were from the Snodin family who couldn't make it to the wedding asked us if we wanted  to join them in a Snodin wedding? 

We joined them for many drinks that night, and staggered back to the tent.

Wife over did it on Stella's and threw up in the tent in the middle of the night!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marconi said:

Went camping in the eighties in Derbyshire, the day of Ian Snodin's wedding.

A group of contractors who were from the Snodin family who couldn't make it to the wedding asked us if we wanted  to join them in a Snodin wedding? 

We joined them for many drinks that night, and staggered back to the tent.

Wife over did it on Stella's and threw up in the tent in the middle of the night!

Did you pack up the tent or just pour petrol on it and write it off? 😩

• Haha 1