91 Cup Final Full Match

One of the greatest days of my life. Still something incredible about us actually winning a proper major trophy. Hats off to those involved for an excellent game plan and total physical exhaustion at the end, as demonstrated when Nigel Pearson blubbed like a baby. And as expected, we created a great atmosphere.

But for the neutral, it was a very dull game. Just one shot on target each. Ours went in and their's was tremendously saved by Chris Turner.

• Like 2

I often feel that whenever we look back on this era that Williams gets far less said and written about him than he deserves.

We finished 3rd the season after this too, after all, with Hirst and Williams being our first choice front pairing; the best finish we've had in almost 60 years.

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

I often feel that whenever we look back on this era that Williams gets far less said and written about him than he deserves.

We finished 3rd the season after this too, after all, with Hirst and Williams being our first choice front pairing; the best finish we've had in almost 60 years.

David Hirst is always complimentary about the graft Williams did on his behalf. But to be fair, his finishing wasn't great. I can't remember another player who I was so lacking in confidence with when it came to a one-on-one with the goalkeeper.