Liam Palmer

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

More delusional tosh from the Catastrophe Crew.

Who is demanding the best players in the division.

I’m just saying we can do better than Palmer, who is a mediocre squad player.

So your demands have been clarified as slightly better than mediocre? Not going to make much difference is it? A lot of posturing and gesticulating for not very much then really.

Edited by DJMortimer

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So your demands have been clarified as slightly better than mediocre? Not going to make much difference is it? A lot of posturing and gesticulating for not very much then really.

Im not demanding anything.

I’m merely saying that he’s extremely mediocre and many seem willing to accept that...which is part of what holds us back.

The rest is just created by people getting uppity because I’m daring to criticise an academy graduate.

Saying stuff like I’m expecting best in division and similar to the 1993 side, when in fact there are many better RBs that could be playing for us.

To accept that you don’t want to do any better than having Liam Palmer as your first choice RB, and accept that he’s good enough for what we could attract is nothing more than accepting mediocrity.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Im not demanding anything.

I’m merely saying that he’s extremely mediocre and many seem willing to accept that...which is part of what holds us back.

The rest is just created by people getting uppity because I’m daring to criticise an academy graduate.

Saying stuff like I’m expecting best in division and similar to the 1993 side, when in fact there are many better RBs that could be playing for us.

To accept that you don’t want to do any better than having Liam Palmer as your first choice RB, and accept that he’s good enough for what we could attract is nothing more than accepting mediocrity.

I have said literally nothing about how good I think Palmer is or isn't. It seems you are waving the flag so hard and looking to see who's watching so keenly that it hasn't even occurred to you that I don't rate him all that highly either. That's why I didn't quote you directly in the first instance; because I didn't want to make it about this issue or that poster.

But regardless of that, I just get fed up of this 'accepting mediocrity' claptrap that people use to excuse what often amounts to little more than tantrums or blowing smoke. And often, despite claims to the contrary, this psychology can never be satisfied because their definition of 'mediocrity' is whatever situation they are in at that point. For example, on the evening that Liverpool lost their first league game of the season (so they were still in the FA Cup and Champions League), one of their fans was on 6-0-6 complaining that they needed to do better ! No doubt if he were challenged, his justification would be along similar lines.

36 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I have said literally nothing about how good I think Palmer is or isn't. It seems you are waving the flag so hard and looking to see who's watching so keenly that it hasn't even occurred to you that I don't rate him all that highly either. That's why I didn't quote you directly in the first instance; because I didn't want to make it about this issue or that poster.

But regardless of that, I just get fed up of this 'accepting mediocrity' claptrap that people use to excuse what often amounts to little more than tantrums or blowing smoke. And often, despite claims to the contrary, this psychology can never be satisfied because their definition of 'mediocrity' is whatever situation they are in at that point. For example, on the evening that Liverpool lost their first league game of the season (so they were still in the FA Cup and Champions League), one of their fans was on 6-0-6 complaining that they needed to do better ! No doubt if he were challenged, his justification would be along similar lines.

you said 

“‘accepting mediocrity’ claptrap from the previous page”

I said that.

How is that not quoting me?

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

you said 

“‘accepting mediocrity’ claptrap from the previous page”

I said that.

How is that not quoting me?

I meant the quote facility on the site so that it does not make a big deal of that by issuing a notification.

• Haha 1