Morgan Fox

8 minutes ago, Southernblues said:

Middlesbrough have set their sights on signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Morgan Fox this summer, Football Insider can reveal.

The left-back, 26, is out of contract at Hillsborough in the summer and yet to agree new deal.

Decent player for league 1.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

If he wont sign whats being offered then let him go,

hasn't got the skill set to be holding out for sumat better.

Irrespective of skill or lack of same, anyone who won't sign , get rid. And that applies to all the players.

Guest wilyfox

Can't see Fox or Fletcher signing until we know what division we'll be in. Fox is prime age now, and league one would be a step back when he'll be looking for the biggest contract of his career. Fletcher is too good for league one, and we couldn't take his wages down with us even if he were willing to stay. 

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Irrespective of skill or lack of same, anyone who won't sign , get rid. And that applies to all the players.

I like your decisiveness,

but don't most agents/players negotiate whats being offered, my view on fox would be that he should feel pleased that the Club have offered him

what they think is appropriate, after all he only showed up for this last Season, other's might say he's lucky to get an offer, 

some players may deserve to negotiate but not him.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If I were him and Fletcher I would be on the phone straight away to there agent saying get that deal on the table for me signed now. 

Last thing you want to be as a footballer at the moment is out of contact in the summer hoping to land yourself a 20/30k a week contract.

If common sense was that common more of us would have it.:cool:

Fox as been far better than some of the "people's glory as beens".

Who would we get in to improve on his experience, and quality of actually being able to cross a ball.

Some people really have blinkered views about this man.

If he does move on I hope he gets appreciated for his ability that some at Hillsbro cannot see.

• Like 1

sign players on new contracts for what exactly? when is football going to happen again? nobody knows not even experts . what we need to hear is that all players contracts have been terminated at every club , as the football clubs are more important than the money grabbers . at least if they don't agree to cut there wages like Barcelona did then clubs should have right to dismiss them . 

2 hours ago, Southernblues said:

Middlesbrough have set their sights on signing Sheffield Wednesday defender Morgan Fox this summer, Football Insider can reveal.

The left-back, 26, is out of contract at Hillsborough in the summer and yet to agree new deal.

Football insider....
WTF:

I know we’re on the ropes but going to Boro ?

Would yer tho ? Boro ?

If other clubs are looking at him, I certainly wouldn’t blame him at all for carefully considering his options.

I hope he stays, he’s upped his game this season.

Next season, whichever division we are in, we will need some degree of continuity from this season - in this regard Fox and Fletcher are two we should try and hang on to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Improved from very poor to very average.

If we have any ambition, we can do better.

If we are still rewarding family with contracts, then sign him up.

I think we should try and keep hold of him. First and foremost we won’t be able to compete financially in the next window, not to mention any pending embargos. Secondly, we risk playing palmer at left back then playing odubajo at right back... Who has been appalling this season if you haven’t noticed. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Ah, the 'Steven MacLean' manoeuvre?

If you might be the recipient of several offers, especially at this time when there is doubt about the status of where you are and there is no rush whatsoever, would you just accept the first thing thrown at you?

Some of the posts on here.

Morgan Fox has been very good this season. The lad is on £8k PW which is nothing compared to our other ridiculously paid players.

Hes better than most think. I’d offer him an improved 3 year deal on £12k PW. 

I want a big overall of this squad and I want to have players who are 100% committed, young and hungry and less wages. Fox fits the bill to keep.

Id only keep fletcher of our bigger earners. Always gives 100%, brilliant in the dressing room and has the respect of all team mates.

12 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some of the posts on here.

Morgan Fox has been very good this season. The lad is on £8k PW which is nothing compared to our other ridiculously paid players.

Hes better than most think. I’d offer him an improved 3 year deal on £12k PW. 

He’s been “very good” and you would give him 12k a week?

Please tell me you are on the wind up