RIP Joe Ashton

RIP Joe.....had many a run in with him over the years....ultimately a lot of what he was saying came to be true....I sent a message via one of his neighbours who is a poster on here, to tell him I was wrong and he rang me up....spent a good hour or two telling me all sorts and not a single ounce of “told you so” about him....sad loss to the Wednesday family

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree...Nothing good to say, probably best to say nowt  at this time..

it was a genuine question   no malice was intended ffs i met the guy a few times   top  bloke    hold off the  faux outrage some of you

20 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

RIP Joe. Remember him coming down to the ground when we were queuing for Rumbelows cup final tickets on Saturday night. It was carnage but Joe arranged for everyone to be let in ground and sit in South stand until ticket office opened.

Did not know that.

It was pouring down ,think I joined the queue about 3 pm.

On radio sheff praise or grumble  a blade rung in  and he said

It's a praise for the weather, just been past Hillsboro and they are getting drown.

Joe stood behind me in an FA cup match down at Manor Ground , Oxford.

I would have been 20 or so. 

RIP.

Edited by mildatheart67
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, panda800 said:

it was a genuine question   no malice was intended ffs i met the guy a few times   top  bloke    hold off the  faux outrage some of you

Fair do' s, maybe you should have refrazed your original comment..faux outrage...no just a gentle reproachment.