Best Individual Performance By A Wednesday Player

Which individual performance stands out for you? Which ones are not talked about as much as they should? We've all seen/heard/been told about Waddle against West Ham or Hirst against Hull but what are the others?

Personally for me one that doesn't get spoken about that much was Kieran Lee in the 6-0 against Leeds, he didn't score but he did everything else really, a real gem or a player who was a class above that day. Another one coincidentally against Leeds was the other year from Gary Hooper in the 3-0 win.

9 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Which individual performance stands out for you? Which ones are not talked about as much as they should? We've all seen/heard/been told about Waddle against West Ham or Hirst against Hull but what are the others?

Personally for me one that doesn't get spoken about that much was Kieran Lee in the 6-0 against Leeds, he didn't score but he did everything else really, a real gem or a player who was a class above that day. Another one coincidentally against Leeds was the other year from Gary Hooper in the 3-0 win.

Waddle v West Ham.

First thing that came to mind.

Not an individual game, and dont really like the player too much. But Reach whilst Dross was here. Carried Wednesday for a big handful of games. Then died out a touch while other 10 players pulled their fingers out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People rave about Waddle’s performance against West Ham (and rightly so) but I actually think his performance on the much bigger stage at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final against the pigs was better.

Here’s the BBC analysis, about 6/7 minutes into the video Trevor Brooking and Alan Hansen really nail Waddle’s performance.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and David Hirst vs Hull in 1990. The goal where he picks it up back to goal on halfway and circles round the covering defender is an absolute screamer.

Scored 4, well, 5 actually, as one was credited to Paul Williams but the shot was going wide without the deflection off Hirst.

Although, if I were to be uber-critical, he missed a couple of great chances near the end to make it 6 or 7....