How and when will the season end ?

27 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If one player goes down with the virus during the 56 days then his team mates & coaching staff & the players & coaching staff of the team they've just played will need to isolate for 14 days. It would be chaos.

For me it isn't going to happen, this season won't be finished.

They are idiots.

This is just the first wave of the virus.

Once people begin to mingle again the virus will start again. 

Other parts of the world are just starting their coronavirus journey so are months behind. Which means the spread will continue over and over.

Until either everyone become immune or a vaccine is mass produced and disseminated worldwide.

Either way....its going to be a long time.

19 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Hopefully it will be abandoned.

Scum wont be promoted.

Victims wont win premier league.

Our disaster will be over.

And them pigs first season back wont be recorded.....hopefully they will get relegated the following season whenever that maybe.

I’m sure that those are the very topics and scenarios that the EFL and Premiership authorities will be considering before they make their decision.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

I'm sorry, but how far is the EFL and the Premiership for that matter up it's own arris. There are people dying by the thousands on a daily basis worldwide, yet football decides it's going to send a letter to all it's members advising of a "potential" date to begin training. Absolutely fecking unreal.

They aren't the only business trying to plan ahead. For example. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-8195923/UK-holiday-company-Jet2-cancels-trips-mid-June.html

They've probably got fizz all else to do to be fair but all major businesses will be putting contingency plans in place waiting for a Government announcement. It's all unlikely to happen but no harm having tentative plans.  

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They aren't the only business trying to plan ahead. For example. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-8195923/UK-holiday-company-Jet2-cancels-trips-mid-June.html

They've probably got fizz all else to do to be fair but all major businesses will be putting contingency plans in place waiting for a Government announcement. It's all unlikely to happen but no harm having tentative plans.  

I absolutely agree in the sense that Businesses need to forward think. However, football is unlike any other business you can possibly think of. The money floating around it is unreal and the rewards are equally as much. Only banking springs to mind as a business that rewards, or did do for failure. It's the way it's being done that really gets my goat personally. Plan yes by all means. But have some sensitivity for what's going off. 

55 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

FIFA are looking at contractual issues aren't they?

This all seems bit pie in the sky but many businesses are making provisional plans to get going again so I suppose there's no reason why football should be any different. 

FIFA can look at contractual issues al they like but they cannot force players to sign contracts and they cannot force clubs to extend contracts that are expiring

The mess that football has got into with contracts was down to the authorities intransigence and thinking they are above the law 

And what is the point in players having a "holiday" now?

What, a holiday in their house?

Then straight into back to back seasons - with the euro's to follow?

How f*cking thick are these people

Football is on the verge of killing itself imo

All due to insane governance

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

BREAKING NEWS: The Football League tell clubs to put players on holiday and not start training again until mid-May with new plans to restart the football season in June... when they will play 113 matches in just 56 days!

EFL clubs have been advised to send their players on holiday and told not to restart training until at least the middle of May as the coronavirus pandemic continues to cause havoc.

In a letter sent by EFL chairman Rick Parry, Championship, League One and League Two sides have been warned that there will be no time for players to have a break between the end of the season and the start of the 2020-21 campaign.

Their aim is to begin playing games behind closed doors at some point in June, with the expectation that it will take just 56 days to finish the season.

New plans would see 113 EFL games played across just 56 days to complete the season

That would mean 113 matches would be played during that period, and the season would be completed by August.

The letter also revealed that plans for the play-offs to go ahead as usual - with two-legged semi-finals and a final in each division - are still in place.

However, there is a chance Wembley may not host the finals because 'no decision has been taken on the likely venue as it will depend on the circumstances at play at the time'. 

Clubs have been told not to begin training as usual until May 16, although that date may yet change depending on government advice.

In the letter, which has been sent to all EFL clubs, Parry says that they will continue to work with relevant health authorities, and that they are working to mitigate the financial cost of having to play games behind closed doors.

More to follow. 

And when the Government announce that Lockdown will carry on into May at least as was being reported this morning ?

Medical Staff not just playing staff will be required at every game, 1000s of People all in close proximity i'd lay 100 to 1 against this happening on that timescale 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And when the Government announce that Lockdown will carry on into May at least as was being reported this morning ?

Medical Staff not just playing staff will be required at every game, 1000s of People all in close proximity i'd lay 100 to 1 against this happening on that timescale 

Think they are anticipating them being behind closed doors.

Still ambitious / unrealistic I agree.

22 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

This plan does assume lockdown until mid-May. But even if it goes on for longer what they are saying is that whenever things get back to sort of normal they could fit the rest of the season, including play offs and once the players are fit, into two months.  They clearly want to finish the season which is for the best if it's feasible. So many potential obstacles though.