How and when will the season end ?

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not really, it would be like this season never happened, each team will remain in their current leagues, and the same teams will restart the European competitions next year. It’s not perfect, but is the fairest option, and has the least complications

Ah ok. 

So do you ask them to pay back earned revenue, or deduct it from this season?

How about players that got signed and released during the season?

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not really, it would be like this season never happened, each team will remain in their current leagues, and the same teams will restart the European competitions next year. It’s not perfect, but is the fairest option, and has the least complications

Ah ok. 

So do you ask them to pay back earned revenue, or deduct it from this season?

How about players that got signed and released during the season?

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Can you imagine the meltdown at S2?

They would be in court before they could work out how to spell littygaishun.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

Is it just me, but why the clamour to finish the season? There is a finite time period to cram 9 games in and we are a million miles away from that being possible, with 500+ people dieing daily the priority.

It isnt going to happen, all the FA, EPL, EFL are doing is trying to cover their arses to protect their money. Its bullshit, there is no sporting integrity playing games behind closed doors, accelerated fixture lists, or unfit squads, having not trained for going on two or three months.

The decision to be made is whether the season is void, or leagues expanded for those in promotion places and relegation scrapped. That will come down to the fewest teams affected threatening legal action, again all driven by money. Personally I think voiding is the fairest outcome. 

Agreed but the reality is we are unlikely to be able to be able to play games in front of crowds for many months. It's perfectly possible that this may not happen until well into 2021. 

On that basis there is an argument that we should finish this season whenever it is safe to do so and scrap or make much shorter the 2020/21 season. 

The 2020/21 season is going to be seriously impacted in any case. So one argument  is that we may as well finish this one first.

The majority of clubs won't give a rats ass if the season finishes or not.

The majority of fans won't either.

This is all about the minority of both who have something to lose.

The decision must be what's best for the majority.

BTW i'm in the rats ass camp. And not just about this season but football and footballers

in general.

54 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

And rolling this seasons problem into next year is fair how?

Well I would suggest that altering the format of a season that hasn't yet started is more fair then scrapping one that is in progress already. I don't see what would be unfair about agreeing to a shorter season next year?

Anyway its highly likely that next season won't be able to run as normal even if this ones is scrapped. So the format will probably have to change one way or another.  

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Well I would suggest that altering the format of a season that hasn't yet started is more fair then scrapping one that is in progress already. I don't see what would be unfair about agreeing to a shorter season next year?

Anyway its highly likely that next season won't be able to run as normal even if this ones is scrapped. So the format will probably have to change one way or another.  

I can't see the FA et'al doing that as there will be then 2 seasons of potential disruption as opposed to only one. My 2 penneths worth is that we will scrap this season and expunge the results, player transfers etc will stand but we will aim to start with a clean slate in August (Corona willing).

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I can't see the FA et'al doing that as there will be then 2 seasons of potential disruption as opposed to only one. My 2 penneths worth is that we will scrap this season and expunge the results, player transfers etc will stand but we will aim to start with a clean slate in August (Corona willing).

Yep, i think similar.

8 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Yes but the problem is the chances of games being able to take place in front of fans by August is extremely low. Complete normality is unlikely to resume until the end of the year at the earliest. And big gatherings of people at things such as football matches will be one of the last things that is reinstated.

I can't see next season not being disrupted irregardless of what happens to this one. I think the only way the new season will start in August is behind closed doors. So I think 2 seasons of disruption is inevitable.

Still we simply don't know do we......so we can only guess!

21 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I can't see next season not being disrupted irregardless of what happens to this one. I think the only way the new season will start in August is behind closed doors. So I think 2 seasons of disruption is inevitable.

Still we simply don't know do we......so we can only guess!

Makes you wonder who is going to give multi million pound contracts to players in the summer when there's a chance  they may never kick a ball.  Mind you, I can think of one club that's got history for that. !

The reason the PL want to finish the season is because they don't want to pay back / not get the money from Sky etc

However what they don't seem to realise is that if next season has to be shortened in some way then they wont get the full money next season

I wonder how many teams have already spent the money by getting loans against it and that's why they are worried

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Confirming Liverpool as champions would be the biggest joke in football ever. 

They haven’t won the league, there are 9 games remaining and 10 for Man City. 
Liverpool draw 5 games and lose 4, Man City win all 10 and with lots of goals and it’s their title.  

This season needs to be finished when it can be, and if they can’t find a reasonable way to do that then it should be voided. But give Liverpool the title? Do me a favour 

Spot on mate, really can’t see Liverpool being given the title but it would be typical to happen for them. As it’s more special if it’s Liverpool