Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

We're booked into Center Parcs ( Mrs loves it there) for the 4th July and so far they've been brilliant sending fortnightly updates. We have a choice of rebooking at a later date, rebooking for next year or a full refund 

Considering booking a flight in July/August but the government's 2 week self quarantine policy is not only too little too late but killing the industry 

On 24/05/2020 at 11:24, modboy said:

Considering booking a flight in July/August but the government's 2 week self quarantine policy is not only too little too late but killing the industry 

I’d be very surprised if it lasts beyond June. It’s a pointless political stunt to make them look like they’re doing something useful. Will soon be watered down. 

On 24/05/2020 at 10:37, kirksandallowl said:

Got my call from Jet2 this morning, very straight forward refund on its way 5 - 7 days, no pressure to take a voucher/move booking, whole process took less than 5 mins. 

All money now received back in my account, can’t fault their handling of the situation at all. 

Supposed to be going to Florida in August. Balance was due last week.

Nearly paid it, however, TUI have said you can amend the holiday so the deposit we have paid is going towards next years holiday instead, and we have scrapped Florida. Just didn't want to go to crowded places (theme parks etc) and no idea if the parks will be open. 

We've got a California road trip booked for late October.

I can’t see Virgin Atlantic cancelling it, so the choice is, do we amend for next year or travel and take the risks.

1 hour ago, markowl said:

I can’t see Virgin Atlantic cancelling it, so the choice is, do we amend for next year or travel and take the risks.

Seeing as Trump and a lot of America seem to think that the virus is fake news and not as bad as being reported I'd want to stay clear of America for a while

Just now, darra said:

Seeing as Trump and a lot of America seem to think that the virus is fake news and not as bad as being reported I'd want to stay clear of America for a while

Such a bloody nightmare 😫 

On 25/05/2020 at 23:50, owls maniac said:

I’d be very surprised if it lasts beyond June. It’s a pointless political stunt to make them look like they’re doing something useful. Will soon be watered down. 

agree

Manchester Airport MAG parking.  They called me asking if I wanted to cancel or move it.

Moved it to next year at same 50% off price.

Fab service.

2 hours ago, Sam779 said:

We need a facepalm reaction button.

That would be amazing - and instantly become my favourite reaction to 90% of Owlstalk posts*

*may have under estimated

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

On 28/05/2020 at 08:06, markowl said:

Don't worry just 1,695,000 confirmed cases.