Jump to content

Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?


Recommended Posts

The only people (in my experience) who have come out of this whole situation with any kind of credit are AirBnB and Booking.com

 

AirBnB refunded me in full for my accomodation booked in Fuerteventura for the end of April - within 4 days of me asking for it

 

Booking.com had to step in to get the Mrs refunded for her hotel rooms in Rome for her and her sisters - as they were hanging onto the money for her accomodation. Booking.com (who it was booked thru) got involved and the hotel refunded ithin 48 hours.

 

 

 

You have to say - so much for all these travel agents who warn you not to book online as they are all ABTA/ATOL'd up and you wont have this situation if you pay the extra to use an agent


"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Waiting on Jet2 to get in touch about cancelled flights to Rome in May and I'm going through Barclaycard to get the money back for the hotel.

 

We had a trip to Barcelona with Jet2.

 

Didn't get any updates personally, only what they put out to everybody.

 

In the updates, they were initially working on bookings at 72 hours away, but then they had to change it to 24 hours away because there was so many to do.

 

As they said, 24 hour before we due to go, we received the money back.

 

i Thought they were very good, so hopefully for you they will still be working to the above system.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MAL said:

 

We had a trip to Barcelona with Jet2.

 

Didn't get any updates personally, only what they put out to everybody.

 

In the updates, they were initially working on bookings at 72 hours away, but then they had to change it to 24 hours away because there was so many to do.

 

As they said, 24 hour before we due to go, we received the money back.

 

i Thought they were very good, so hopefully for you they will still be working to the above system.

 

 

 

 

 

The last I got from them was that they were working their way through in departure date order and there were 3 options 

 

Rebook, voucher or refund 

 

I guess theyve got a to get through o I'll bude my time for a bit longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TUI issuing us vouchers with the 20% incentive thing.. will probably just book again through them, just not sure where and when to go. 

 

You’d like to think that we’ll be free to go away from September!?

Caribbean looks risky (weather wise) until November.. and don’t fancy a stopover so Thailand etc are out.. also want to go from Donny, which again rules quite a few out! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, thesexynortherner said:

TUI issuing us vouchers with the 20% incentive thing.. will probably just book again through them, just not sure where and when to go. 

 

You’d like to think that we’ll be free to go away from September!?

Caribbean looks risky (weather wise) until November.. and don’t fancy a stopover so Thailand etc are out.. also want to go from Donny, which again rules quite a few out! 

We've got a holiday planned for September to Turkey mate but I'm not that hopeful tbh. 

There are some lovely resorts out there and under normal circumstances there are regular flights from Donny.

Might be worth having a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, thesexynortherner said:

TUI issuing us vouchers with the 20% incentive thing.. will probably just book again through them, just not sure where and when to go. 

 

You’d like to think that we’ll be free to go away from September!?

Caribbean looks risky (weather wise) until November.. and don’t fancy a stopover so Thailand etc are out.. also want to go from Donny, which again rules quite a few out! 


Your 20% extra isn’t protected against a future cancellation.

 

They're also using your money as a free line of credit. Whilst you do have until Oct 21 to rebook your holiday for, I’d be much more inclined to get your money back - interest in your account and savings for a rainy day - so that you can then book a late trip when holidays are back up and running.

 

No brainier for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

We've got a holiday planned for September to Turkey mate but I'm not that hopeful tbh. 

There are some lovely resorts out there and under normal circumstances there are regular flights from Donny.

Might be worth having a look.

 

Cheers pal.. Not been to Turkey for a few years but loved it when we went. Definitely worth considering.. would probably prefer a villa there but will check out what TUI have. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sam779 said:


Your 20% extra isn’t protected against a future cancellation.

 

They're also using your money as a free line of credit. Whilst you do have until Oct 21 to rebook your holiday for, I’d be much more inclined to get your money back - interest in your account and savings for a rainy day - so that you can then book a late trip when holidays are back up and running.

 

No brainier for me.

 

I know, it stinks.. it’s criminal what they’re doing! 

 

Potentially losing the bonus doesn’t worry me really.. but yeah I’d sooner them just send me all my money back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For everybody worrying about Ryanair.

 

This is what they say...

 

A Ryanair spokesperson said: "For any cancelled flight, Ryanair is giving customers all of the options set out under EU regulations, including free moves and refunds in the form of cash or vouchers. The process time for cash refunds is taking longer due to the fact we are having to process 10,000 times the usual volume of cancellations and have fewer staff available due to social-distancing measures.

"Ryanair is offering vouchers and free moves as these are automated and would give customers an alternative. Customers who choose a voucher but don't redeem it within 12 months may still apply for and obtain a refund after this 12-month period. This also includes partial redemption, as the portion of the unused voucher will be refunded.

"Customers who choose not to accept a free move or voucher will be refunded in due course, once this unprecedented crisis is over. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank our customers for bearing with us."

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing the airlines don't have a problem processing as many bookings as you can throw at them.

All it needs is a button on their site to ask for a refund like there is for vouchers (funnily enough)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Barcelona holiday cancelled mid June, looking at prices of the same accommodation in September and it's nearly doubled WTF:


Didn’t Spain say maybe no tourism until 2021? We are due a week in Spain during September and I’m not confident it’ll go ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sam779 said:


Didn’t Spain say maybe no tourism until 2021? We are due a week in Spain during September and I’m not confident it’ll go ahead.


Ah maybe,I must have missed that. 

 

Will just keep dates pencilled in, if they keep getting cancelled it’s not the end of the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAL said:

For everybody worrying about Ryanair.

 

This is what they say...

 

A Ryanair spokesperson said: "For any cancelled flight, Ryanair is giving customers all of the options set out under EU regulations, including free moves and refunds in the form of cash or vouchers. The process time for cash refunds is taking longer due to the fact we are having to process 10,000 times the usual volume of cancellations and have fewer staff available due to social-distancing measures.

"Ryanair is offering vouchers and free moves as these are automated and would give customers an alternative. Customers who choose a voucher but don't redeem it within 12 months may still apply for and obtain a refund after this 12-month period. This also includes partial redemption, as the portion of the unused voucher will be refunded.

"Customers who choose not to accept a free move or voucher will be refunded in due course, once this unprecedented crisis is over. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank our customers for bearing with us."

 

 

 

 

Was on BBC breakfast this morning. He said that it could take between 3 to 6 months to refund cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bez said:

Jet2 Holidays still not called to rearrange our holiday.

 

On 30/04/2020 at 13:44, MAL said:

 

We had a trip to Barcelona with Jet2.

 

Didn't get any updates personally, only what they put out to everybody.

 

In the updates, they were initially working on bookings at 72 hours away, but then they had to change it to 24 hours away because there was so many to do.

 

As they said, 24 hour before we due to go, we received the money back.

 

i Thought they were very good, so hopefully for you they will still be working to the above system.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Mal.  Is that Jet2 or Jet2 holidays?

 

Wanted to move the holiday a few days but if they leave it, we won’t be able to do that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bez said:

Cheers Mal.  Is that Jet2 or Jet2 holidays?

 

Wanted to move the holiday a few days but if they leave it, we won’t be able to do that 

 

Must have been Jet2 Holidays, as it included the hotel.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...