Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

Japan in 3 weeks is deffo off.

Altho if i could get out id go except they changed the visa waivers.

Think im going to opt for a voucher as theyre adding 10% and refund will likely take 2 months plus

Gutted as really wanted to try out Qsuite.

Had booked 4 weeks.

10 days in the US visiting my partner and her kids.

Then just under 3 weeks in Oz visiting my kids and family.

That was from end of July to almost end of August.

Yet to be cancelled. But travelling through the US both there and back...

Hmm...

Was riding my motorbike down to Italy for motogp in May for a 40th treat to myself.

A nice 2 week tour through Belgium, Germany, Austria, France and Switzerland.

The race and accommodation is booked as a package, but not sure if I will see the £500 ferry costs again.

Don't think I will get to go later in year if it is rescheduled as my time off work is limited to May/June. 

11 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

If it's P&O they will commute the money to another date. Let them notify you it's off. Don't cancel it yourself first.

Probably won't get to go on another date. 

The event I was riding to will either be cancelled or rescheduled to a later date that I can't make. 

Had a mail from P&O informing that ferries are still running but not allowed to travel unless for essential reason, which they list for leisure purposes as not essential (obviously). No refunds will be available, but can rebook for another date. Looks like a ferry trip to Brugge or Amsterdam for a few nights later in year😎

1 hour ago, Paolo Coopio said:

Probably won't get to go on another date. 

The event I was riding to will either be cancelled or rescheduled to a later date that I can't make. 

Had a mail from P&O informing that ferries are still running but not allowed to travel unless for essential reason, which they list for leisure purposes as not essential (obviously). No refunds will be available, but can rebook for another date. Looks like a ferry trip to Brugge or Amsterdam for a few nights later in year😎

We moved my stag do ferry to 10th July for Amsterdam. You’re more than welcome :biggrin:

• Haha 1

We have booked California for 2.5 weeks in July. Cannot see that happening now.

Flights can be changed easily but some of the hotels (San Fran & Vegas) weren't offering a free cancellation policy when I booked so that will be about a grand lost unless they allow us to change the dates. I am going to email them about it soon. 

15 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Flights can be changed easily but some of the hotels (San Fran & Vegas) weren't offering a free cancellation policy when I booked so that will be about a grand lost unless they allow us to change the dates. I am going to email them about it soon. 

Did you book your hotels through a credit card.. you’d think you’d get your money back if you did.

On 04/04/2020 at 02:54, thesexynortherner said:

Did you book your hotels through a credit card.. you’d think you’d get your money back if you did.

Yeah. Citibank said we need to negotiate with the hotels first. If the hotels refuse then we can contact them again so we're waiting to hear back from both hotels now. 

I was meant to be in Portugal now, flying on 30th March. It would have been our first trip abroad as a new family, but hey.....what can we do. Applied to Ryanair for a refund, which they promised in 7 days. That was 16 days ago! I emailed them a little while ago giving them 48 hours before I escalate it though my bank.

Bar £3.67 deposit on the car hire (rest paid on arrival) that's all I am out of pocket, so I guess I am lucky.

On 03/04/2020 at 05:51, Orlando_Trustful said:

My hotels were all refundable, i cancelled about 3 weeks ago and still havent received anything.  I think they are all hanging onto as much cash as they can.

What are people doing about final payments for holidays?

Got a holiday booked for next month (doubt that will be going ahead now) and the final payment is due soon. I'm happy for them to keep the deposit to use on a future holiday, but not keen on handing over the full amount considering I might not see it again.

It's with Love Holidays. Just visited their website and they are boasting about waiving any amendment fees for modifying bookings... how kind of them :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

What are people doing about final payments for holidays?

Got a holiday booked for next month (doubt that will be going ahead now) and the final payment is due soon. I'm happy for them to keep the deposit to use on a future holiday, but not keen on handing over the full amount considering I might not see it again.

It's with Love Holidays. Just visited their website and they are boasting about waiving any amendment fees for modifying bookings... how kind of them :biggrin:

Think I’d be tempted to hold back on the full payment and try and get my deposit back.

We booked flights to Brisbane through STA.  It looks like the flight actually went ahead, but it was at the point where we would have had to self-isolate for 14 days on landing (and so would family we were stopping with).

STA say they have got the money back from Singapore Airlines, but say we can’t have the money back, we can only re-book something with them.  

Is that right?

We were getting married on 6th June and had 2 weeks in Abu Dhabi booked for the 8th.

Looking at 23rd October for the wedding now to coincide with our planned California road trip (we'd already said it would be a great honeymoon!).

Will probably push the June holiday back to next June, we've seen a couple of great hotels in Croatia.

On 07/04/2020 at 02:44, Big Malc said:

We booked flights to Brisbane through STA.  It looks like the flight actually went ahead, but it was at the point where we would have had to self-isolate for 14 days on landing (and so would family we were stopping with).

STA say they have got the money back from Singapore Airlines, but say we can’t have the money back, we can only re-book something with them.  

Is that right?

You should be covered by EU261.  Most airlines are offering vouchers but they should be giving refunds.  Refunds will take a lot of time though, 2 months possibly.