Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

These tests add up.

$125 to get on a plane to the UK

$94 for the day 2 Amber arrival test in the UK

Then another test (with an as yet unknown amount) to get back on my return flight to Denver.

That’s just for me.

If my wife and daughter were traveling too, we’d be looking at about $900 just for testing.

It’s absurd.

The owls are not what they seem.

Any body returned from Spain recently ?

Have a couple of guys working nr Barcelona next week - will be there around 3 days, so getting a PCR done and sorted will be almost impossibel.

Do you need a PCR or can you use the NHS LFD test to get onto the plane.

UK Gov "advises" PCR but not mandatory.

Just wondered the airlines (Ryanair) are like regarding this ?

I'm going to Gibraltar this weekend.

Double Vaxxed.

Check in Online

Fill in Passenger Locator Form

Free lateral flow on arrival, result within 1 hour

Free lateral flow before boarding to return

£28 Day 2 test purchased.

Must admit, I'm a little phased by it all, hopefully it'll all go well.

On 09/09/2021 at 14:31, Doctor Duran said:

Any body returned from Spain recently ?

Have a couple of guys working nr Barcelona next week - will be there around 3 days, so getting a PCR done and sorted will be almost impossibel.

Do you need a PCR or can you use the NHS LFD test to get onto the plane.

UK Gov "advises" PCR but not mandatory.

Just wondered the airlines (Ryanair) are like regarding this ?

If fully vaccinated they just need a test within 72 hours of return flight back then another within 48 hours of arriving back in England.  Not NHS one's though.

A lot of pharmacy's abroad do tests before flying back and charge around €20 and you receive results within half an hour. 

A locater form needs filling in before departure to Spain and I think another one for returning, these can be done online, pretty basic stuff, just details of where you are staying and flight details. 

I've got it all to do when going to Majorca next month though there's rumours that all the shenanigans will be dropped from 1st October in next week's government review. 

• Like 1

We're flying back from menorca tomorrow. Booked our return to fly tests on 09/09 and had the test yesterday, 30 euros each via www.15minutetest.com.es

Not a pleasant experience but soon done and results emailed with QR code within 20 mins.

Filled in the passenger location forms earlier on the .gov website

Hopefully be ok 👌

On 10/09/2021 at 22:28, bradowl said:

If fully vaccinated they just need a test within 72 hours of return flight back then another within 48 hours of arriving back in England.  Not NHS one's though.

A lot of pharmacy's abroad do tests before flying back and charge around €20 and you receive results within half an hour. 

A locater form needs filling in before departure to Spain and I think another one for returning, these can be done online, pretty basic stuff, just details of where you are staying and flight details. 

I've got it all to do when going to Majorca next month though there's rumours that all the shenanigans will be dropped from 1st October in next week's government review. 

Spot on. It's easy once you get your head around it 

• Like 1

Arrived home a few hours ago. The Lateral flow test was enough for entry. The only advice I could give is to screenshot all the forms with a QR code as I'd not got Internet to prove my vaccination status at Mahon Airport, my paper card thing was accepted. 

On 10/09/2021 at 21:28, bradowl said:

Spot on. It's easy once you get your head around it 

• Like 1

I got pinged yesterday morning whilst on a 12 hour shift. We looked at the guidelines and as I'm double jabbed and showing no symtoms I don't need to isolate. We've flied in from menorca on the 13th so I'm assuming it's someone on the flight.

Told my boss and as I work in care home, I've got to take a LFT daily and my PCR every Thursday. We've ordered PCR tests to do at home.

I don't know why I've told you all that! It's not very interesting 

The holiday was worth it though