Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

On 30/08/2020 at 12:14, acquiescefc said:

That's a massive shame. We just got back after a fabulous 4 nights in Budapest. We had to have 2 negative test results to get in the country, which  was fine at the time. Probably more difficult now given the current issues with getting tests. Added to that, Hungary added to the quarantine list from today.

Back to Budapest, one of the best places I've ever been. 

On 10/09/2020 at 23:46, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Still awaiting £600 +/-  from 'On The Beach' via Turkish Airlines. They tell me they still await settlement from TA. 

Update:- 'On The Beach' E-Mail this afternoon. Refund despatched clearance time 3-5 days. Waiting time just short of 5 months.

Hearing Maldives is very Covid safe so booking there for 6 months (Max visa time) All inclusive while our architect completes our Bungalow. This of course is all dependent on tonight and the lottery results outcome !  

• Haha 2

Got a refund from our credit card company.  Stiffed us on the deposit though - £98 - which for reasons I can’t remember we paid separately even though we always intended putting the lot on a credit card and paying it off within a year.  It’s the closest thing approaching a win since this whole bullsh*t started though, so we’ll take it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We got a refund from Virgin this week that we booked in May last year. 

Just a note for anyone it might benefit. We booked 12 months travel insurance and thought we had kissed goodbye to that but they will actually move it (ours will anyway)

We we're supposed to go for 10 nights in Lanzarote in July, thick end of £10,000 (ten members of family all inclusive 3* hotel, bit steep but Mrs Gargoyle wanted all of us together so it got booked).

She opted to defer holiday until next year once we all confirmed we could have the time off so she contated TUI.

We got an extra night, 4* hotel and a quite large refund as the holiday is cheaper next year for some reason.

Result though under the circumstances :biggrin:

• Like 2
On 11/10/2020 at 16:50, Gargoyle said:

We we're supposed to go for 10 nights in Lanzarote in July, thick end of £10,000 (ten members of family all inclusive 3* hotel, bit steep but Mrs Gargoyle wanted all of us together so it got booked).

She opted to defer holiday until next year once we all confirmed we could have the time off so she contated TUI.

We got an extra night, 4* hotel and a quite large refund as the holiday is cheaper next year for some reason.

Result though under the circumstances :biggrin:

I wouldn’t class £1k for 10 nights in Lanzarote AI in July steep tbf. 

• Like 1
On 26/09/2020 at 03:33, Big Malc said:

Got a refund from our credit card company.  Stiffed us on the deposit though - £98 - which for reasons I can’t remember we paid separately even though we always intended putting the lot on a credit card and paying it off within a year.  It’s the closest thing approaching a win since this whole bullsh*t started though, so we’ll take it.

Glad to hear you got yours back.

Had failed claims with STA liquidators, ABTA, Emirates and the bank.

Gone back again to the bank - who initially refused as it had been over 120 days since the transaction. There may be a glimmer of hope that it could instead be 120 from us knowing our 'Refund Credit Note' wouldn't be valid.

Waiting on tenterhooks for their decision. A £1000 is an awful lot of money for me.

I am currently rebooking my holidays in Sunny Cyprus. I can't stay home anymore. HAHA.
I usually stay at limassol (sea side) Harmony Bay Hotel. You can beach hop to aiya napa if you wish to ( famous for beach parties)
Quick note if  you  plan to travel theses days always opt for the flexible ones  or pay later accommodation via agoda or booking.com. It is always  hard to get refunds. If you booked already and want to get your money back choose the "convert to travel fund" options. That is the easiest way to get it back. There are many services this days that does not requires any pre-payment like this airport transfer here

• Like 1

Still no flight refund for our California trip. Booked the flights in November 2019 through Skyscanner and we were meant to go in July 2020. The last email from them about the ongoing process was early October so not sure that is ever coming back 😫

NYC end of august for a wedding and then some holiday time. Third attempt as originally was booked for august 2019 then March 2020. Booked flight only with Aer Lingus who tbf have been very good allowing us to change the flights twice with no charge.