Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

29 minutes ago, Bez said:

You will love it.  

It's the ultimate foodie heaven.  Roof top restaurants with incredible food and views.

Anil Boat is great for private hire.  Saklikent gorge is worth a trip as well as a trip to Meis on the boat.

Hope you get there!

Thanks mate, fingers crossed.

50 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Is it true that you're more likely to get an insurance payout / dates transferred for free, if the holiday company cancel it, before you do?

We got our ferry & flights moved from this weekend to July for nowt, with P&O and KLM. 

Not sure what to do about Canaries in May. 

Yes mate, I believe that to be the case. We're booked with Jet2 and by what I can gather they will issue vouchers to be used on future bookings. I also believe that cash refunds won't be an option as the government and ABTA are doing all they can to save the travel industry

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Yes mate, I believe that to be the case. We're booked with Jet2 and by what I can gather they will issue vouchers to be used on future bookings. I also believe that cash refunds won't be an option as the government and ABTA are doing all they can to save the travel industry

Thanks. Ours is Jet2 too, through Hays travel. Will sit tight for now then. 

1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

According to the travel guru that is Simon Calder...

They have to give a refund if it is requested. 

8 hours ago, MAL said:

According to the travel guru that is Simon Calder...

They have to give a refund if it is requested. 

Sorry Mal I worded my reply incorrectly. I was led to believe that the travel industry will be given a mandate by ABTA and The Government whereby cash refunds will no longer be an option in order to keep the travel industry afloat. My neighbour works for Jet2 and informed me of the plan.

• Like 1

Cyprus - Mid June..  not changed or cancelled anything yet.. can cancel hotel right upto 6th June and flying with Easyjet can see getting vouchers or something.

Highly doubtful it will go ahead but holding off just yet.

Also Majorca Mid Sept - just hotel booked - so can cancel / change that if needed.

We cancelled our Baltic cruise in July as we were due to make final payment this week.  Didn't fancy stumping up £3k to perhaps never see it again should the worst happen.  They've let us keep our deposit for a future cruise which is fine by me.  Only problem we have is wife is a teacher so we're stuck to limited times and the school have changed the holidays for next year so we're even more limited now.  

I'm going to play this year by ear, I've kept my holiday booked with work and I'll see what's happening with the virus and see if we can't get a last minute thing sorted. If not just cancel the leave and see what happens.

Just not bothered...

57 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Had a look at the exact same corresponding holiday for next year if as expected we have to cancel this years. Its £400 more than what we have paid this year. 

Prices are going to sky rocket for 2021. They know everyone will have had there refunds etc. Should be easy enough to save up with nothing to spend money on at the minute. 

1 minute ago, Night King said:

Prices are going to sky rocket for 2021. They know everyone will have had there refunds etc. Should be easy enough to save up with nothing to spend money on at the minute. 

Yeah at this rate we'll be able to afford The Maldives 😉

Got a flight from Gatwick to France booked in September. Hopefully all this will be blown over by then.

But this being stuck at home, really brings home how much I love to travel and like having things to look forward to.

I can’t wait to book some more holidays.

Supposed to be going to Italy on 29 May with Tui.

They’re offering to rebook for next year at same price or to pick another holiday.

For now we are waiting for them to confirm the holiday is cancelled and to get all our money back instead.

Have a whirlwind trip to Sheffield planned for late July (Uncle’s 80th).

At the moment the airlines (BA out; Aer Lingus and United back) seem to only have made decisions on flights through May 31st, but I have to assume they’ll be cancelled. Either way, it’s highly unlikely I’ll be traveling.

The owls are not what they seem.