Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

Due to CV-19 and its current presence, there is no way I am getting on a plane.

Air conditioning units on the plane that are providing the air, one cough from a CV -19 asymptomatic passenger and the virus is pumped around the plane for the duration of the flight. No thanks.

Cornwall this year (August/September) 

I have been fancying Charlestown in Cornwall, anyone been?

The only problems seem to be sharp rocks, one lad lost a foot and the other had his legs severed.

charlestown.png

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Realistic chance of holidays in Spain from September? Still got a week in Barcelona booked. 

Got 5 nights seeing friends in Alicante second week of September. 

2 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Air conditioning units on the plane that are providing the air, one cough from a CV -19 asymptomatic passenger and the virus is pumped around the plane for the duration of the flight. No thanks.

The only problems seem to be sharp rocks, one lad lost a foot and the other had his legs severed.

charlestown.png

Hello mate ,we've stayed in Charlestown on three occasions in the last couple of years both in a cottage and a flat situated on the place where the foundry was. It's a really pleasant village steeped in history with several quality eating places and the scenery is exceptional. You are only half an hour maximum from the Eden Project and similar for the Lost Gardens of Heligan. Depending on what you wish to do but both of these are more than worth a visit. The National Trusts Lanhydrock is also within easy access with it's wartime history and gardens. We were going in July, firstly to Mullion Cove then back to a cottage half a mile from  the Eden Project but obviously we've had to cacel. Disappointing because we had booked to see The Script(Mrs Redowls choice)at the open air concert venue in the Eden Project.

Hope this helps.

Booked to see my parents first week of August in Spain.

£230 for 4 of us, return.  It's normally £850+ at that time of year!!  If you want to move it, it's free to do so.

Car parking had a flash 50% sale including Fasttrack tickets.

BOOKED.

11 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

charlestown.png

People still believe this. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Night King said:

So September Sicily. Seen some right nice apartments at reasonable prices

I've been looking at Isla de Ischia just North of Capri in the Bay of Naples. 

Due to go to Madiera in August and so far they have had just 97 confirmed cases ( no new cases in the last 26 days ) of which 85 have recovered, 12 are still recovering and thankfully no fatalities. So I am optimistic this holiday could go ahead.

However I wonder what the cost of insurance will now be.

Still waiting for EasyJet to refund us for flights that got cancelled to Spain in April.

3 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Due to go to Madiera in August and so far they have had just 97 confirmed cases ( no new cases in the last 26 days ) of which 85 have recovered, 12 are still recovering and thankfully no fatalities. So I am optimistic this holiday could go ahead.

However I wonder what the cost of insurance will now be.

Still waiting for EasyJet to refund us for flights that got cancelled to Spain in April.

You do know Madiera's population is 97

• Haha 2

Looked at bank account and full refund from center parcs has been paid in. From cancelling to getting money back has taken 11 days. Can't complain about that

Ended up booking St Lucia for 2 weeks in Jan 21 with BA Holidays. £500 deposit and then final balance only needed 3 weeks before we fly.

Feel like we got a really good deal and can’t wait to go!

Guest Grez Bez
6 hours ago, Sam779 said:

Ended up booking St Lucia for 2 weeks in Jan 21 with BA Holidays. £500 deposit and then final balance only needed 3 weeks before we fly.

Feel like we got a really good deal and can’t wait to go!

I fancy a bit of that. 

What's the hotel like?

Meant to be flying to Copenhagen end of next month but not really sure which flight to book at the moment as they seem to only be running a limited service and don't want to end up being cancelled. Maybe best to wait a few more weeks but then don't want to be stung with a higher price grrr

20 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

I fancy a bit of that. 

What's the hotel like?

A big building with lots of rooms probably a restaurant or two a bar and a swimming pool. Hope that helps 😀

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

I fancy a bit of that. 

What's the hotel like?

PM’d you last night, but you’re far too rude to look at it.

Thankfully Agoda allowed us to cancel all of our hotels in America for free (some of them didn't have the free cancellation policy).

The airline are still being nobs as the flight has not yet been cancelled so if we change now we have to pay the rebooking fee. They said if we wait a few more weeks into July it will 99% be cancelled and then we can either take a refund or credit. 

Hopefully going to book it all again for next July :duntmatter: