Rebooking summer holidays.. what’s everyone doing?

Our holiday in Mexico was supposed to be end of May, presuming they’ll officially cancel in next week or so.. will have option to rebook later in year.. but not sure what to do! 

Wondered what others were doing.. cancelling and booking another holiday later in the year.. it’s difficult to predict when everything, everywhere will back up and running. 

We were supposed to be going away tomorrow, would have been our first family holiday abroad and my first time abroad since 2005. Spent £300 on the passports, but because one of the kids applications was delayed we were going to wait until that came through before actually booking something. That arrived a couple of weeks ago, but then obviously this crisis escalated. Would have been perfect timing as well, had the dates in mind for months with Sheffield school holidays being earlier than Easter itself making it a lot cheaper and quieter and I wouldn't have missed a home game either (sod going to Swansea away!).

Hopefully things will have calmed down later in the year but it'd cost 3-4 times more to go in the summer, maybe try and get something around October half term now. Next Easter is a rubbish time because it's earlier next year and actually coincides with the school holidays so it'll be expensive and busy.

The thread below: we would have been on our way 4 weeks today. 

Obviously not going to happen but flights haven’t been cancelled yet. We were staying with friends so we will be able to rearrange but chose the date because of the weather in Florida. In short - no idea what we will do this year 

Booked for Turkey end of May. Wrote that one off. Will probably get vouchers back from Jet2.

Hanging on to the hope we can get our second Turkey holiday in at the end of August. Booked flights with Jet2 and hotel through booking.com. First payment for hotel will be due end of June so should have an idea where we stand by then.

Had one early May on the Costa Del Sol and hotel already given us the option to cancel (taken). Ryanair still not cancelled the flight yet even though Malaga is one of the virus hotspots in Spain. Who blinks first mentality from Ryanair I think. 

Got one booked in July also mainland Spain. Wait and see on that one.

At the moment we are both dubious about going anywhere after getting caught up in the chaos of trying to get back from Lanzarote last week. We got back but not without huge amounts of stress. Eventually managed to get a flight to Stansted even though our car was parked at East Midlands. 

Trying to pin the cost to Ryanair for the upheaval etc. But not holding out much hope.

If my better half gets her way we will be cancelling the Spain holiday in July and staying in the UK. Not a bad shout to spend money in Britain and try to help the local economy.

26 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Booked for Turkey end of May. Wrote that one off. Will probably get vouchers back from Jet2.

Hanging on to the hope we can get our second Turkey holiday in at the end of August. Booked flights with Jet2 and hotel through booking.com. First payment for hotel will be due end of June so should have an idea where we stand by then.

Where do you go in Turkey same place ?

18 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Where do you go in Turkey same place ?

Just re read your question mate, we've been to quite a few of the resorts in Turkey but the one we've visited most is Olu Deniz. Prefer the Dalaman area tbh. Side is nice but didn't care much for Altinkum or Kusadassi. 

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Just re read your question mate, we've been to quite a few of the resorts in Turkey but the one we've visited most is Olu Deniz. Prefer the Dalaman area tbh. Side is nice but didn't care much for Altinkum or Kusadassi. 

Only been once 7 years ago went to Lara Beach, end of May, 35 degrees everyday,

thats hot enough for me. Brother in law goes every year in August and always complains it's too hot !

Just now, Greengrass said:

Only been once 7 years ago went to Lara Beach, end of May, 35 degrees everyday,

thats hot enough for me. Brother in law goes every year in August and always complains it's too hot !

Yeah August is hot. We've done Lara Beach but found it a bit too hotel based if that makes sense, mostly all inclusive. We like to have a wander about a bit so tend to go B&B. The Turquoise Coast really is gorgeous.

14 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Yeah August is hot. We've done Lara Beach but found it a bit too hotel based if that makes sense, mostly all inclusive. We like to have a wander about a bit so tend to go B&B. The Turquoise Coast really is gorgeous.

Yes there are some strange looking hotels, remember the Titanic which was ship like in design, pretty impressive. I think all the hotels along the beach had private beaches. Price wise Turkey does seem relatively cheap compared to other places.

15 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Had Icmeler booked for end of May and Kalkan for end of August.

Kalkan is our favourite holiday destination.   Been going since 2000 so seen a lot of change.  

where you staying?  

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Kalkan is our favourite holiday destination.   Been going since 2000 so seen a lot of change.  

where you staying?  

Never been before but heard good things. I'll be gutted if we don't get.

Mediteran Hotel. 

image.jpeg.be83b2f61c9ad8aad743668cd228e061.jpeg

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Never been before but heard good things. I'll be gutted if we don't get.

Mediteran Hotel. 

image.jpeg.be83b2f61c9ad8aad743668cd228e061.jpeg

You will love it.  

It's the ultimate foodie heaven.  Roof top restaurants with incredible food and views.

Anil Boat is great for private hire.  Saklikent gorge is worth a trip as well as a trip to Meis on the boat.

Hope you get there!

• Thanks 1