'Fancy Dan' footballers quote

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Chansiri definitely fails on one - and maybe both counts now. And I hope like me you were affected by the swear filter. 

We seem to be stuck with him for the foreseeable future, convinced he means well but for me needs a guiding hand who that would be I haven't the foggiest.  Howard Wilkinson would be my choice in his younger days.

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolute scaremongering nonsense this. I really hate it when fans say this kind of thing. Talk about fear of change...

I really hate it when people post part of your post and try to put a spin on it. I also hate when fans try to force their opinion as being fact!! You also know absolutely nothing about me or whether I have any fear of change.

Why am I scaremongering? or are you just making a comment to keep the thread going. 
My opinion on Di Canio remains the same.  He caused the issue and deserved his punishment. 

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He was for me, the most skilful player flamboyant player I had seen in a Wednesday shirt, the crowd went to watch him not the others. They wanted him to entertain them that's just what he did.

No idea what you mean by he  caused the situation by himself he reacted wrongly but certainly did not plan it if that's what you're suggesting.  He didn't get the support he thought he was deserved so found pastures new.

Wednesday should have made every effort to keep him make him understand that he was wanted.    

I have never said he wasn’t a good footballer or a talent. My opinion is that he never performed at a consistent level for us and only had sporadic good games. 

He caused the situation himself by pushing over the ref. Not the club, not Danny Wilson, not Dave Richards but Paolo himself.

Not for one second do I believe he planned it, but in my opinion he was too much of a loose cannon and the club did right to get rid his behaviour was a disgrace to the club and fans.

Remember he only played 40 odd games for our club, who at the time were average at best. Why did no top premier league clubs want him. 

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Why am I scaremongering? 

Chill out for god sake..

I was talking about those people who like to post things like 'Oooooh be careful what you wish for'  when it comes to people questioning or challenging Chairmen of the football club.

It's scaremongering at it's best.

If a chairman is under pressure or their decisions being questioned by fans, chiming up with stuff like 'be careful what you wish for' is absolute scaremongering. Trying to influence fans to just sit down, shut up, and take whatever the chairman throws at them.

That's why you're scaremongering. 

In reality you have no idea if someone bigger/better than the current chairman will come along. Someone with finances, innovative ideas, a better approach etc.

Saying 'be careful what you wish for with DC' is utter tosh. Nonsense scaremongering.

Ps - people were saying the exact same thing when Dave Allen was here and under pressure. "be careful what you wish for. Dave puts his own money into the club.. Who else is going to do that?' etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chill out for god sake..

I was talking about those people who like to post things like 'Oooooh be careful what you wish for'  when it comes to people questioning or challenging Chairmen of the football club.

It's scaremongering at it's best.

If a chairman is under pressure or their decisions being questioned by fans, chiming up with stuff like 'be careful what you wish for' is absolute scaremongering. Trying to influence fans to just sit down, shut up, and take whatever the chairman throws at them.

That's why you're scaremongering. 

In reality you have no idea if someone bigger/better than the current chairman will come along. Someone with finances, innovative ideas, a better approach etc.

Saying 'be careful what you wish for with DC' is utter tosh. Nonsense scaremongering.

Ps - people were saying the exact same thing when Dave Allen was here and under pressure. "be careful what you wish for. Dave puts his own money into the club.. Who else is going to do that?' etc etc

What a load of guff.
I’m not scaremongering at all. You have deliberately taken it out of context and put a spin on it to keep the thread going.

If you post crap about people expect people to get annoyed. Bringing Dave Allen in to this is scraping the barrel.

Its becoming a site that only excepts opinions if the clique agrees with them. If not the keyboard warriors try to belittle you.

Me out, pathetic

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

What a load of guff.
I’m not scaremongering at all. You have deliberately taken it out of context and put a spin on it to keep the thread going.

If you post crap about people expect people to get annoyed. Bringing Dave Allen in to this is scraping the barrel.

Its becoming a site that only excepts opinions if the clique agrees with them. If not the keyboard warriors try to belittle you.

Me out, pathetic

What you on about?

Cliques? Keyboard Warriors? Keeping the thread going?

Absolute nonsensical ranting that mate

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Me out, pathetic

The clique? :huh:

Don't know if you've noticed but probably 80% of all threads end up in some kind of argument, mostly over nothing whatsoever. I've been here since about 2003 and I've no idea who these people are or what their 'agenda' (surprised you didn't use that usual staple of lip-trembling) is supposed to be.

You're hardly taking the moral high ground with a bit of 'play by my rules or I'll take my ball home'.

Edited by DJMortimer

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Don't know if you've noticed but probably 80% of all threads end up in some kind of argument, mostly over nothing whatsoever. I've been here since about 2003 and I've no idea who these people are or what their 'agenda' (surprised you didn't use that usual staple of lip-trembling) is supposed to be.

You're hardly taking the moral high ground with a bit of 'play by my rules or I'll take my ball home'.

People use the old 'clique' cliche usually when they can't handle a debate or discussion.

It gets trotted out when someone's realised they're wrong usually

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Maybe already said, if Di Canio hadn’t pushed the ref then the conspiracy regarding Richards wouldn’t be there. Do the crime do the time ( fancy Dan ).

He did the time and took it on the chin - the rest of the issue was none representation at the hearing and being left to rot.

This constitutes Constructive Dismissal in today's climate 

5 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

I have never said he wasn’t a good footballer or a talent. My opinion is that he never performed at a consistent level for us and only had sporadic good games. 

He caused the situation himself by pushing over the ref. Not the club, not Danny Wilson, not Dave Richards but Paolo himself.

Not for one second do I believe he planned it, but in my opinion he was too much of a loose cannon and the club did right to get rid his behaviour was a disgrace to the club and fans.

Remember he only played 40 odd games for our club, who at the time were average at best. Why did no top premier league clubs want him. 

West Ham got relegated in Di Canio's last season with them but in the 5 seasons he spent at Upton Park they finished in the top half 3 times and played in Europe. I think we'd all have took that in the seasons after he left us. 

He was our player of the year in the one full season he had with us and attracted genuine interest from the Premier League champions during his spell at West Ham. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

I was debating the Di Canio situation and had an opinion. Part of one of my posts was then taken and twisted deliberately. I was accused of scaremongering which a ridiculous comment. So I decided I wasn’t having this and defended my corner. If Owlstalk had debated properly and not started with ( I hate it when fans say this  i could shake them, and then accuse me of scaremongering ) then we wouldn’t be where we are now. In no way shape or form was i scaremongering.

Suggest you read your post and decide whether your comment is actually relevant 

to what has been previously said or another one attempting sarcasm. Proves my point really 

Taking no morale high ground just defending myself.

5 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I was debating the Di Canio situation and had an opinion. Part of one of my posts was then taken and twisted deliberately. I was accused of scaremongering which a ridiculous comment. So I decided I wasn’t having this and defended my corner. If Owlstalk had debated properly and not started with ( I hate it when fans say this  i could shake them, and then accuse me of scaremongering ) then we wouldn’t be where we are now. In no way shape or form was i scaremongering.

Suggest you read your post and decide whether your comment is actually relevant 

to what has been previously said or another one attempting sarcasm. Proves my point really 

Taking no morale high ground just defending myself.

Defending your view  is fine and welcomed. That’s the point of the site, to have discussion and debate and share opinions 👍👍👍

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

West Ham got relegated in Di Canio's last season with them but in the 5 seasons he spent at Upton Park they finished in the top half 3 times and played in Europe. I think we'd all have took that in the seasons after he left us. 

He was our player of the year in the one full season he had with us and attracted genuine interest from the Premier League champions during his spell at West Ham. 

Just to clarify, I believe he was a good player but not great for us. He could have achieved far more in his career than he actually did. He stood out in a then declining Wednesday team and in my opinion Wednesday were right to get rid.
i cannot see how playing in a mid table team finishing top half 3 times and a relegation is classed as successful stint at West Ham and reason for us to have kept him.

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Just to clarify, I believe he was a good player but not great for us. He could have achieved far more in his career than he actually did. He stood out in a then declining Wednesday team and in my opinion Wednesday were right to get rid.
i cannot see how playing in a mid table team finishing top half 3 times and a relegation is classed as successful stint at West Ham and reason for us to have kept him.

Three things that spring to mind on that final point:

Andy Booth, Richard Cresswell, Gilles De Bilde

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

People use the old 'clique' cliche usually when they can't handle a debate or discussion.

It gets trotted out when someone's realised they're wrong usually

As I see it no debate or discussion took place for said people to handle. Just ridiculous unfounded posts that could not be substantiated by a reasonable explanation. 
Followed by snippets of quotes to get others to agree with said scaremongering post, after said people defended there opinions

clique  who’d have them !!

Time to move on 👍👍 

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Three things that spring to mind on that final point:

Andy Booth, Richard Cresswell, Gilles De Bilde

Bad recruitment agreed, but would Di Canio have kept us up not so sure. Just believe he was one flew over the cuckoos nest.

He found his home at West Ham. Don’t  think we were ever going to be club for him no matter what happened after the Alcock debacle.