Jump to content
unkastav

Best atmosphere at away game

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Newcastle away 1984, Sheltons overhead kick game. Atmosphere from both sets of fans on open terraces was unbelievable. 

This absolutely.... Newcastle everyone's darlings to go up, spoiled the party that day

 

Was a long 13 minutes to the end....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradowl said:

 

We had secured promotion previous week with a 1-0 win over Palace, Mel Sterland penalty won it. 

 

My memory is not what it was! Remember the day well though, sunny and warm, with Cardiff fans sat below us.  When Megson scored the chap next to me shouted down "see that Taffy, that's first division that is!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Varadi belter if I remember correctly

Absolutely.:tango:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Striggy said:

 

My memory is not what it was! Remember the day well though, sunny and warm, with Cardiff fans sat below us.  When Megson scored the chap next to me shouted down "see that Taffy, that's first division that is!"

 

We played another 3 games between clinching promotion against Palace and playing at Cardiff on the final day. Won at Huddersfield, but then a trademark defeat at Shrewsbury and only drawing at home to Man City cost us the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

 

We played another 3 games between clinching promotion against Palace and playing at Cardiff on the final day. Won at Huddersfield, but then a trademark defeat at Shrewsbury and only drawing at home to Man City cost us the title.

Remember the day in Shrewsbury, I think Chelsea won to take the league title, but it did really make any difference

 

Also the defeat at palace when we were singing 'we're all going on a European tour'.…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brian joicey said:

i must be thinking of a different game then !?

Think he is talking about our first home game first season back in the top flight under Wilkinson 3-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

This one, the atmosphere outside the ground after the game was amazing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brighton away in the play offs for numerous reasons 

 

Only a relatively small following due to restrictions but the tension pre match and in that first 20 minutes was palpable-I think being 2 up and dreading the thought of throwing it all away made everyone extra apprehensive 

 

The feeling at the end was immense.

 

singing in the stand with the players and staff, then for a good 30-40 minutes under the stands as it finally sunk in! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackburn away in 1980 is still my all-time favourite away game, not just the result but the atmosphere outside the ground afterwards, never heard so much noise.

Shrewsbury away in the early 1980s, bannister scoring in the last couple of minutes, the away end was going barmy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torres said:

Brighton away in the play offs for numerous reasons 

 

Only a relatively small following due to restrictions but the tension pre match and in that first 20 minutes was palpable-I think being 2 up and dreading the thought of throwing it all away made everyone extra apprehensive 

 

The feeling at the end was immense.

 

singing in the stand with the players and staff, then for a good 30-40 minutes under the stands as it finally sunk in! 

 

 

Made all the better for the fact that we got battered for the first 20 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nut said:

Made all the better for the fact that we got battered for the first 20 minutes. 


Never felt worse than that first 20 minutes 

 

we never touched it and they could have been 4 up!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flo said:

I wasn't at the first game of the season one. 

When they bounce it is weird but they are loud at their home stadium the times that I've been. Unlike most teams in the country. 


hi, where’s your seat at pride park located?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palace away May 92

Blackburn away league cup - 4-2
Leicester away 2008 - 3-1. Caused havoc in the Leicester hospitality area.

Leeds away 2007ish 3-2 win Brunt from 45 yards

Coventry away league cup 1-0 win (league cup 1991 run)

Stoke away 2006 - 2-1 Boxing Day. 

 

Worst;

Many recent away games at Preston 

Tranmere 3-0 reverse 
Didn’t go to Exeter, Stevenage or reading

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best 

 

Fulham 2014 - bouncing at 0-4

Leicester 2013

Derby 2012 - Reda equaliser 

Brentford 2012 

Cardiff 2010 

All of them in 03/04

 

Worst

 

Anything 2017 and after - atmosphere away is crap these days and too focused on a few coked up 18 year olds saving themselves for half time flares and videos. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Best 

 

Fulham 2014 - bouncing at 0-4

Leicester 2013

Derby 2012 - Reda equaliser 

Brentford 2012 

Cardiff 2010 

All of them in 03/04

 

Worst

 

Anything 2017 and after - atmosphere away is crap these days and too focused on a few coked up 18 year olds saving themselves for half time flares and videos. 

That was an awful one. Pretty much consigned us to league one that defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Blackburn 1980..................night time game against promotion rivals ....................won 2 - 1 , which more or less confirmed us going up.........still never been beaten for atmosphere in all my days.

End of thread..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool 1984, won 2-0. Quite simply the best away game I’ve ever been to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brighton away Tues Night 1990/91 Season.Took over 1,500 supporters who were absolutely exceptional.Won 4-0:tango:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1984/85 first game back in D1 Top Flight v Nottingham Forest.It wasn't so much the atmosphere, but the anticipation of playing our first game back.:tango:

Good one that, scorching hot day as well. Spent most of the day shouting scabs at forest....apart from cheering 3 goals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...