Waddle thinks he disappointed us!!!

Remember when we signed him I thought, ok we've got a well known player who other teams have been after so that shows we can now compete with the big boys, but I genuinely wasn't that excited, he was over 30 and although i thought he'd been a decent player not that Special.

How wrong was I? Until you've actually seen him for yourself playing for your team on a regular basis you really don't realise how good a player he was.

Plenty of Great memories including that Goal at Wembley, but I doubt I will ever see anything like that Performance against West Ham, everything he did came off, almost The perfect solo performance, granted he had other good players around him to make it look easier, but he was absolutely unplayable.

I don't think you will find many (if any) Wednesday fans who were around at the time who he left Disappointed.

Thanks for the Memories Chris (Aka God).

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 6

Took my mate to a match who was a rugby fan and not much into football, but I promised him a beer so he came along. The match was a bit drab and he was getting a tad bored when the crowd got very excited and raucous. He asked me what was happening as he couldn’t see owt. I said “Waddles just took his tracksuit top off!”

• Haha 3

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Best thing I ever witnessed was at home to Arsenal on one of the rare occasions we were beating them.

Waddle was having a great game and in a lull in play, David Seaman raced out of his area and screamed to the then manager, Stewart Houston " What the f**k are we going to do about Waddle?"

They couldn't get near him that day and I think we beat them 3-1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Probably best right back in world at the time 

Uefa Cup winner

League Cup winner 

World Cup semi finalist 

European Cup semi finalist

Over 100 caps 

Be worth millions these days 

And play for any of the 'big teams' 

God if you let us down Chris I don’t know what other players have done to use . Chris you were an absolute joy to watch I would walk a thousand miles over broken glass so my kids could watch you play one game and see what a real football player is 

• Like 1