Jump to content
lanzaroteowl

Where was your first away game?

Recommended Posts

Day 12 of lockdown. So another useless thread.

 

Mine was Halifax town around 1975 with a couple of school mates.

Think we drew 1-1. Still to this day the worst ground I've ever been to. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Day 12 of lockdown. So another useless thread.

 

Mine was Halifax town around 1975 with a couple of school mates.

Think we drew 1-1. Still to this day the worst ground I've ever been to. 

Them shale banks 😀oddly enough I went a few years ago for a pre season friendly and the ground had improved even though they were non league. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa park as a young kid with my dad 

 

The only thing I remember is all their stand getting to their feet every time Tony Daley ran down the wing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrexham away in cup, it was raining, we lost.

Think it was 2-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my first away match was Oldham first match of the season 73 - 74 time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bramal Lane, 1993 I think.

 

We drew 1-1, the pigs went ahead and Carlton Palmer equalised in front of the away end.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Palace in 1990. Worthington for us in the first half when the wind took his cross from the wing and blew it out of Nigel Martyn’s reach. Mark Bright equalised in the second half and was sent off a few minutes later for an off-the-ball clash with Lawrie Madden. Finished 1-1. It was my first live game: didn’t get to a home game until ‘94.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa park. Lost 3-0. It set me up well

for the future

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stockport during Turners reign. Brilliant day out despite the score. Wednesday fans having a tug of war with the pitch cover was a highlight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17th January 1969, Derby away, lost 1-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Oldham away 1980.Abosolute bedlam that day.:tango:

 

 

Coppers put us on their Kop which got the afternoon off to a good start.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chesterfield 1978 with my dad. Went to a few more local away games with adults after that - Rotherham, Mansfield, Scunthorpe, Chezzy again but my first unsupervised away day was Oxford in 1980 with the Palmers on the intercity owl and I was hooked on away days after that. I worked part time in a shop to earn the money to pay for away matches until I left school a year later. God knows what my parents were thinking letting me go to away matches in those days at 14 years old.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

 

Coppers put us on their Kop which got the afternoon off to a good start.

Also TC getting himself sent off which triggered off the mayhem.:ph34r::wacko:

Edited by parkfieldowl14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FA Cup Semi Final 93 

Don't remember too much about the game i was only 5.

 

League away at Newcastle around 94/95. Ian Taylor scored for us and we lost 2-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Oakwell 1987 

 

2 1 win in Cup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol city away 1-1 Like Varney scored felt like a win went on the Wednesdayite coach what a incredible experience! Sadly it's not like that these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 71 Rotherham in League Cup on Tivoli End.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nut said:

Chesterfield 1978 with my dad. Went to a few more local away games with adults after that - Rotherham, Mansfield, Scunthorpe, Chezzy again but my first unsupervised away day was Oxford in 1980 with the Palmers on the intercity owl and I was hooked on away days after that. I worked part time in a shop to earn the money to pay for away matches until I left school a year later. God knows what my parents were thinking letting me go to away matches in those days at 14 years old.

 

We looked after you.

At least you didn't get nicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...