Ask Carlos

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No they didn't

Some did and got giddy

Some questioned the signings as to whether they were needed, wanted, or value for money

Mixed bag 

He shouldn't state that everyone thought they were good signings - it's simply not true

OK Fair enough Mr Pedantic most thought they were good signings.

Especially Rhodes   

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

OK Fair enough Mr Pedantic most thought they were good signings.

Especially Rhodes   

You liked the Abdi signing when it was announced...

On 26/07/2016 at 23:13, Inspector Lestrade said:

Lets hope he is as entertaining as Di Canio.  If he is, it's going to be fun next season.

Owlstalk Shop

Someone ask him if he regrets taking us to the play offs twice in 2 years, when you take into account the shiite he’s had on here since from a minority of fans that just don’t flipping get it. 

I’d have Carlos back tomorrow. Great character and produced the best football we’ve seen for years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

On paper Abdi was a great signing I went on a Watford fans forum and they very disappointed that he had left. (OK OK not all of them)

Yeah true

Here's the thread that had the first rumour (or one of them) that we were signing him

This thread went off big time....

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, vulva said:

Someone ask him if he regrets taking us to the play offs twice in 2 years, when you take into account the shiite he’s had on here since from a minority of fans that just don’t flipping get it. 

I’d have Carlos back tomorrow. Great character and produced the best football we’ve seen for years. 

Do you want an extended warranty on your TV?

lol

I wonder if you also hold Trevor Francis in such high esteem? Another one of our managers who's opinion of themselves is that they did a brilliant job when in fact the fact his squad deteriorated in the exact same way as Carlos draws a direct comparison between the two (unable to man-manage players and reliant solely on the gloriously talented squads they have to self motivate themselves into doing what's required)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Do you want an extended warranty on your TV?

lol

I wonder if you also hold Trevor Francis in such high esteem? Another one of our managers who's opinion of themselves is that they did a brilliant job when in fact the fact his squad deteriorated in the exact same way as Carlos draws a direct comparison between the two (unable to man-manage players and reliant solely on the gloriously talented squads they have to self motivate themselves into doing what's required)

Those critical of Carlos can’t have watched the bobbar that I did under Shreeves, Yorarth, Pleat, Jewell, Turner et al. I loved it. Wembley was great, playoffs exciting. Problem is, success attracts the Sky Sports mob, who don’t understand where we were, and how far we came.

The Carlos issue is who followed him. Had Bruce come in, and built on what Carlos had put together, we’d now be in the Premier League. Instead, we ended up with that wazzurk from Germany, and that has massively coloured the Carlos legacy. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

The Carlos issue is who followed him. 

You do realise that is absolute NONSENSE???

Carlos legacy was built by Carlos, where Carlos was responsible for Carlos 

Who followed him has absolutely zero bearing on Carlos, his appalling mess of a third season, the state of his squad, the culture that he instilled in our club that we are still suffering from, OR his legacy

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Who followed him has absolutely zero bearing on Carlos, his appalling mess of a third season, and his legacy

All about opinions. That 3rd season wasn’t great, but after finishing in the playoffs with his team, in his first 2 seasons, he deserved another crack at it. 

The biggest mistake this club has made in the last 10 years is Jos, not Carlos. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who followed him has absolutely zero bearing on Carlos, his appalling mess of a third season, and his legacy

Think we have now discovered that the mess of a third season was a much to do with the players giving up as it was Carlos being poor.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Luckiest manager we ever had

Came to the club and watched as the Chairman poured so much wealth into buying players that we were absolutely dripping with talent

Got paid a shedload to steer them in the right direction, and as the team were relatively new to the club and freshly motivated got to the playoff final 

After that it was downhill as the squad got more stale and aged, and couldn't handle the situation to the point where at the end he was screwing up £20 notes whilst the players dictated the dressing room and the club accelerated downhill until he was inevitably (and way too late) removed from his role.

Downhill after the first season?

I look forward to the next manager who gets us more points than we did in 2016-17 at this level. We had a budget outside the top 6 but you expected us to coast top 2, deluded.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes - in many ways.

Looking forward to finishing 4th again at this level any time soon........