Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For me in the recent history one of the good free agents we signed. When the football return and we get to the preparation for the new season we need to be spot on with the market and there will be so many good players around either free agents or nominal fees. But a good day in our past to cheer people up.

 

See the source image

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Llera 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met him in a pub at Wembley after the playoff final, what a guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember well a crucial goal away at Brentford in the “ mind the gap” season.

 

As the OP quite rightly says - happier times !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might remember this wrong but in a championship game we where 2-1 down at home to Millwall, miserable day early season and he popped up with 2 late goals from corners for a 3-2 win. 

 

The two previous seasons Southampton and Norwich had gone straight from League one to Premier league and that win put us near the top (again may have remembered it wrong) and i was leaving the ground thinking "s**t we could be that team!" We then went on about an 8 game losing streak. Typical Wednesday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the Wembley trips in the early 90's, been to some big premier league games at Hillsborough, but that Wycombe game was something special.

 

Theres nothing else in football like a packed Hillsborough, the noise and atmosphere that day was phenomenal.

 

I remember feeling a little nervous, but confident and if ever there was an example of the kop sucking the ball into the net, it was that game.

 

For the first time since the Wembley games, everyone was celebrating, hugging strangers in the stand and the sense of family and belonging never so strong.

 

Sadly, that sense of family and belonging has been eroded since and I cling to the memories of days like this, while sitting through banal, sterile football, obsessed purely with money. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be before I got married 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, striker said:

I did the Wembley trips in the early 90's, been to some big premier league games at Hillsborough, but that Wycombe game was something special.

 

Theres nothing else in football like a packed Hillsborough, the noise and atmosphere that day was phenomenal.

 

I remember feeling a little nervous, but confident and if ever there was an example of the kop sucking the ball into the net, it was that game.

 

For the first time since the Wembley games, everyone was celebrating, hugging strangers in the stand and the sense of family and belonging never so strong.

 

Sadly, that sense of family and belonging has been eroded since and I cling to the memories of days like this, while sitting through banal, sterile football, obsessed purely with money. 

Like you I enjoyed the 90s watching us win at Wembley, regularly beating man Utd, arsenal at home. But for me the atmosphere for the wycombe game and Norwich a few years earlier are among the best ive experienced. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

Met him in a pub at Wembley after the playoff final, what a guy. 

I remember him cleaning up Beccio from Leeds in a home game with what Peter the pundit Beagrie referred to as a forearm smash. Didn’t even get a yellow. Shocking referee that night.

 

Forearm smash

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Remember well a crucial goal away at Brentford in the “ mind the gap” season.

 

As the OP quite rightly says - happier times !

That’s one of the best days I’ve ever had following Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of best signings historically have been free transfers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...